Eleven // Snowed In

[the following chapter includes swearing]

Riley looks out her bay window as the snow falls from above. "It's snowing pretty hard," she says to herself. She grabs her jacket and puts it on, today's the big day. The day where Riley and Lucas will star as Sandy and Danny. She's determined to do great. Riley checks her phone and sees Sebastian has texted. It was a good luck text saying he'll see her. She smiles, He's the cutest. Riley walks out her room to the front door She walks to the front door and opens it.

"Oh, hey! It's really snowing hard out there!" Lucas says at Riley's front door. His hair is covered in snow and he's wearing a scarf.

"Lucas! We have to go, I don't want to be late for the musical!" She screeches. Riley hates being late, she would rather be early than late.

"Folks, looks like you're snowed in. All roads are closed and is considered dangerous to be outside!"

The news reporter mentions on the television screen with those weatherman voices..

"You gotta be kidding me!" Riley says disappointed.
"I'm stuck here!" She exclaims.

"With me," Lucas jokes while wiggling his eyebrows.

"Farkle, where's Riley and Lucas?" Maya asks nervously at the auditorium. The Hart girl didn't think her former best friend would not be here.

"I don't know! I'm trying to talk to her, but looks like the service is out!" He answers frustrated. Farkle got sucked into this mess.

"I'm not ready to be Sandy! I didn't practice, I'm going to fail!" Maya worries.

"Look her family is here," Farkle acknowledges pointing at Riley's parents, Auggie, and her uncle Josh.

"Boing!" Maya shouts as she stumbles.

"Hey, Farkle! Where's Riley?" Josh asks.

"I don't know, probably snowed in. I can't contact her! She's stuck somewhere!" Farkle says believing it's the reason she's not at the school. "Oh and that's Maya Hart, she's Riley's understudy. Josh is Riley's uncle," Farkle introduces her.

"Maya, what a gorgeous name," Josh compliments as he rubs the back of his head.

"Thanks, Boi-Josh, I think it was," she says catching herself from saying boing.

"Yeah, well nice meeting you," he says and walks away.

"Looks like Riley will have a new aunt soon!" She says still lovestruck.

"Why won't this shitty phone send a text?!" Riley shouts at her phone screen.

"Phone service is down, sweetheart," Lucas mentions to her.

"Ugh!" She says as she sits on the couch. Lucas sits on the couch and puts her feet up on his lap. "I'm so angry!" Riley continues.

"Why? It's just a stupid play about a guy in a leather jacket and a preppy girl who fall in love over the summer," he says trying to cheer her up. "And why is there an angel, a teen angel, singing about a someone who dropped out of beauty school?" He jokes.

"Yeah, I guess," she agrees with him. She isn't going to admit that Grease is one of her favorite movies and the teen angel song is great. "Yeah, and that means I don't have to kiss you on stage!" Riley goes on.

Lucas' smile drops, so she wasn't looking forward to kissing me.

"No offense," Riley says after noticing his face. "I mean if this play happened two months ago I would be excited. This is humiliating, but I had this like girly crush on you. I was mesmerized by your forest green eyes and your personality was pretty cool too. It was a stupid one, like a middle school one. It didn't happen two months ago though, so I wouldn't be a weird about it and giddy," Riley tells him. She would've died if he laughed.

His face kind of lightens up, she really liked me huh? "Yeah, that's hilarious!" Lucas says playing along so Riley wouldn't find out he likes her.

"That's all over now, I have Sebastian and you have Reese, hopefully," Riley says, Lucas smiles, but he is slowly dying on the inside.

"Yeah, Reese," he says grimly.

"Oh god, the curtain is going to open soon," Maya panics. "I'm going to mess up. Where's Riley when you need her?" she asks to herself.

"Hey, Maya is it? Is Riley here yet?" A voice speaks, a dreamy voice.

"Oh Josh! No, Riley isn't here yet, she probably got snowed in," Maya explains to Uncle Boing.

"That sucks. She would've been a great Sandy!" he responds.

"Yeah, I know right," she replies. They talk for a while.

Lucas and Riley sit at her bay window. "Can you believe it? They practically ruined their lives!" Riley says talking about Gossip Girl.

Lucas looks at Riley and smiles, she's so beautiful. "I don't watch this show," he reminds her.

"Oh yeah," she says.

Lucas stares at her for a bit wanting to tell her about how he feels. He does... Well he doesn't really tell her. He kisses her.

Edited 9/03 (date notices another bad chapter)

I finally updated. Little rucas/joshaya action for you guys. I'm currently on vacation, so sorry for not updating.

Don't forget to vote and comment!