Seventeen // Cliche PromNOsals

[Disclaimer: The following chapter includes some swearing/cussing. Also includes spoilers for The Flash (season finale)]

"It's a week until prom and he still hasn't asked me yet!" Riley complains to Farkle. "You know if he doesn't ask you, we could do that prom on a budget they did on Glee. Maya could be the Mercedes." Farkle speaks to her suggesting an idea. "That'd be cool. I'll speak to Maya about it, but don't get your hopes up buddy. Lucas still might ask me." Riley says agreeing to it. "Ooh there he is! Act natural." Riley says catching Lucas in the corner of her eye. Riley starts laughing as Farkle has a confused look on his face.

"Hey you guys. Riley why are you laughing?" Lucas asks as he approaches them. "Farkle just told me a funny joke." Riley lies. "No, I didn't." Farkle mouths to him. "We were just talking about prom and how we might do prom on a budget if no one asks me. I think it would be fun to do this if no one asks me." Riley says trying to hint that Lucas should ask her. "Well the prom on a budget thing sounds fun!" Lucas agrees with Riley. Riley sees Maya walk into the room. "I got to go, I need to tell Maya about prom." She says and walks away.

"Dude, Farkle. I need help to think of a promposal. It can't be cliche, Riley hates cliches." Lucas says once Riley is out of hearing range. "There's a week until prom, so think of something fast." Farkle tells him. "I know. I think I could maybe put a rose in her locker asking. She could open her locker and I'll be behind her holding a dozen roses to give to her." Lucas explains an idea. "Not roses. Peonies, Riley's favorite flower is a peony." Farkle suggests. "Good idea." Lucas agrees.

"Hey what's a good idea?" Riley asks as her and Maya approaches them. "The prom on a budget!" Farkle lies. "Oh yeah. Maya's in though." Riley shares. "Cool." Farkle says.

"Okay, what's Riley's combo?" Lucas asks holding the peony with a note attached to it. "36-6-12." Farkle says. Lucas punches it in and it opens. He places the single flower into the locker and closes it. "Okay now we wait." Lucas says.

Lucas and Riley go to her locker after English. Near them, a girl opens her locker to find a forget-me-not with a note. Behind her is a boy holding a dozen of the flowers. "Yes! Dylan, I would love to go to prom with you." She exclaims. She hugs the boy.

"I hate that. Going into someone's locker is an invasion of privacy. I would hate to be asked to prom that way." Riley says trying to open her locker. "Ugh, this damn thing won't unlock!" Riley groans. "Uhh... Why don't we just get your stuff after art?" Lucas suggests. "Okay." Riley says and walks to art. "You coming?" She asks him. "I need to go to the bathroom." He says. She nods and keeps on waking. Lucas quickly opens her locker and throws out the flower.

The day was over. Lucas still hasn't asked Riley and their were only six days left until the magical day.

"EDDIE DONT DIE!" Riley screams in front of the TV screen watching the season finale of The Flash the next day. "What's up buttercup?" Maya asks Tim the kitchen making popcorn. "Eddie's dying." Riley says wiping her watery eyes. "HE'S WHAT?!" Maya says rushing to the TV. "But him and Iris should be together. I swear if fucking Iris and Barry start a relationship I'll scream." Maya says angrily. "I know right, but Ronnie's back. Snowbarry might never happen." Riley reminds her.

"Hey you guys!" Lucas greets as he crawls throughly the window into the living room. "You guys?" He says waving in front of their faces. Riley punches him in the gut causing him to tumble. Lucas turns off the TV. "Dude what the hell?" Maya says putting down the popcorn. "We were supposed to go the cafe to do homework, but apparently a superhero is more important that hanging out with me." Lucas reminds them. "Duh, they have powers." Riley jokes. Both girls get up from the couch and leave to the cafe with Lucas.