Four // Cool Cats

--
Riley was ecstatic to see her old friend from the fifth grade, her best friend.

"Brandon! How was Europe?" Riley asks excitedly.

"It was fine, actually. I missed you," he answers. They did their inside jokes and talked about the time her friend was gone.

"Well, I'll talk to you later. I don't want my parents to worry," Riley says ending the conversation. "At the bay window tomorrow after school," she tells him walking away.

Brandon and Riley were best friends since the first grade, but sadly his family moved abroad. Riley had another friend, she didn't like to talk about it though. She can barely say the name of the friend who abandoned Riley after Brandon's move. Riley now always asks herself questions on why the friend left her.

Riley finally arrived home. Her parents didn't notice of course, they were too busy worrying about themselves. She blasted music and danced along to the beat.

Someone tapped on her window. "Riley, it's Lucas," the someone greets. She looks up seeing the new kid at her window looking innocent. She didn't want to deal with anything right now, especially that damn Lucas Friar. She pulls down the blinds blocking him from her sight.

The rest of the night was a blur. Probably music, homework, getting texts from no one. These were her favorite nights though, ones where she didn't really need to worry about anything.

The next day, she again sat at the bleachers for lunch. But she had wanted company.

"You can't let him get to you," her friend speaks.

"I know, it's just hard. He seems so full of himself and stupid. I mean not stupid, but... but... Oh you know what I mean," Riley replies groaning. This boy made her blood boil with frustration.

"Yeah, I know. Maybe, I'll give him a pep talk. You know like he could join the glee club," her friend suggests, referencing her favorite tv show.

Riley laughed, "We don't have a glee club. Hell, we don't even have good lunch food," Riley reassures him.

"It was a joke, of course you know that. Miss Sarcastic, it would be like your superpower," her friend confirms. Riley giggles, she was enjoying herself since a long time. The bell rang and they walked indoors together.

"Okay, I will be partnering you up for this week's assignment," Riley's art teacher announces. "... Friar and Minkus. Finally, Hart and Matthews," her teacher finishes. Riley's jaw dropped. She couldn't be paired with Maya Hart, it was an abomination.

They met up, immediately the awkward tension rose. "So... We have to do some type of scene, we could do something at the beach or..." Maya speaks, breaking the awkward silence.

Riley passionately disliked Maya, she couldn't stand her. Riley tuned out of the conversation, not wanting to hear what this girl is talking about. Maya sketched, talking about an idea Riley didn't seem to care for. Maya was wearing her cheerleading outfit, a clear sign of popularity. She would dance at half-time shows, if there were any. Their school's football team were horrid, the cheerleaders was the only club winning things at this school.

They worked for a while, trying to talk to each other as a little as possible. "You know that Texan boy is kinda cute," Maya speaks breaking the silence.

"I'm here to work, not gossip about boys," Riley quickly shoots her down.

"I bet he's going to ask me out. Of course, you know that or did you think he liked-" Maya's comment was interrupted by the bell signaling the end of school.

Riley grabbed her stuff and ran to her locker. She angrily entered her combination and opened up her locker. Her locker was decorated with photos of her favorite people, her inspirations. Cory Monteith, Audrey Hepburn, Emma Watson, and others.

"Pretty cool cats you have up there," a familiar voice compliments.

"Yeah, they're my everything. They keep me going," Riley replies smiling.

"I hope I'll be up there soon. Maybe, it would be us together. Like those photo booth pictures, where we wear crazy accessories, even Farkle could join us," The voice says again.

Riley laughs, "That'd be nice Friar, let's meet up at the cafe. I'll walk over there with Farkle,"

"Cool, so are you guys... like dating?" Lucas asks nervously.

"Farkle and... me? You're funny. No...no," Riley reassures him.

"Okay...then," Lucas says. They said goodbyes and left.

-

Edited 8/10/15 (aka the day I noticed this chapter was shit)

Sorry for not updating. I had writer's block.

This chapter was all over the place.
The title isn't very good.

Don't forget to vote and comment