Six // Flashlight

There are going to be a lot of references to TV shows and songs and artists in this chapter, so yeah.

"Heyyoo," Farkle calls out to Riley at her bay window.

"Hey Farkle! Come on in," Riley greets him as she opens her window.

"It's almost Halloween, what are you going as?" Farkle asks. Riley and Farkle has been friends since freshman year of high school and around this time he would always ask her.

"We should do a group costume. Oh I know. I could be a football player and you could be a cheerleader," Riley suggests.

"I have to go in a skirt?" Farkle says nervously.

"Yeah, don't worry. It's just a big joke." Riley reassures. him.

"Like us," Farkle mumbles. they were the school jokes. Everyone made fun of them, all the time.

"Let's go," Riley says. They leave Riley's house and head off to the subway station.

As they walk into the subway train they notice Maya Hart sitting by herself on one of the seats. "Just ignore her Farkle," Riley tells him as she stares at the girl.

"But she looks-" Farkle tries to speak.

"You know what happened. I don't want history to repeat itself," Riley cuts Farkle off.

Farkle quiets down remembering what happened between the two girls. He definitely didn't want history to repeat itself, especially since Riley has been doing so well. After a few minutes they arrive at school.

"What's up buttercup?" Lucas asks Riley at her locker.

"Nothing special." Riley replies. She grabs a few binders and a textbook.

"I got this for you," Lucas says holding out a bracelet. He slips it on to Riley's wrist.

"Don't say I never gave you anything," he says chuckling.

"Hey Luke!" Maya greets the subway boy as she approaches them. "Walk me to class?" Maya questions him.

"But... Umm... The door is right there. There's really no where to walk to."

Lucas says pointing at the door that leads to the classroom. Lucas hoped he didn't sound rude.

Maya began to say something, but she couldn't think of something clever. Maya walked away feeling defeated.

"Anyways..." Lucas speaks as the bell rang. "To class, my lady?" Lucas jokes as he wiggled his eyebrow.

"Oh Romeo, oh Romeo, I would love to," Riley replies going on with the joke. They link arms and walked to the back door.

Now it was lunch, what was Riley's worst was Riley's best.

"You know I can live without you," Riley jokes talking to Lucas.

"Yeah, but without me you'll be miserable," he replies.

"Miserable at best," Riley says. finishing the song lyric.

"Yeah about that... I found something in your drawer," Lucas tells her nervously.

"What?" Riley questions surprised.

"A razor... Like in sharpeners," Lucas answers a bubble in his throat.

"Oh... Those were from months ago. I've been clean for three months. Plus, I have my flashlight with me." Riley replies talking about Lucas.

Lucas smiles, "It's an honor to be Riley Matthews' flashlight,"

Then there it was complete silence between them, even in the loud, noisy lunch room of John Quincy Adams. It was quiet, but they knew what was going on. The sparks were flying, every time they touched this feeling would happen. Like static. They looked each other in the eyes, and didn't know what to do or say. Riley knew what she wanted to do. She wanted to cup his face and give him a soft peck on the lips.

"Hey!" Farkle shouts walking towards them. Riley flinches and turns around. "Riley, why aren't you wearing pads?" Farkle asks.

"Halloween's next week," Riley says, Farkle sighs and sits down in the cheerleading outfit he took.

"It rides up your butt," Farkle says pulling on the skirt.

Riley arrived home after school. She sat on the couch and watched American Ninja Warrior in her living room since her parents were gone.

"Aww... Falling in the water must suck," a voice comments outside the window spoke. "Hey Matthews!" He greets as he walks in through the window.

"Hey, Brandon!" She muffles stuffing her face with popcorn, she is so immersed into the show. She motioned him to sit next to her. He sat down after grabbing a soda from the fridge. They sat for a while in silence, watching the show.

"Riley, I think you should stop hanging out with the Luke kid," Brandon states after watching the show for a while.

"It's Lucas. And he's not like that, he's different now," Riley fires back.

"Look, I get it. You've fallen for the pretty boy with green eyes like a forest. But he's going to break your little heart in two," Brandon says.

"What are you saying?" Riley questions.

"That he's not a good guy, people have their secrets," Brandon says getting up from the couch.

"Then what's yours?" Riley asks.

"My secret, that I fell in love with a girl and I never told her," Brandon confesses.

"A girl? For my best friend, not possible. What's her name?" Riley says.

"Never mind for that. Let's go to the movies, Avengers is on soon," Brandon suggests trying to dodge the question. He holds out his hand. Riley takes it and they walk out the door hand in hand.

Lucas sighs holding a wilting flower. He arrived at the fire escape only to see Riley and Brandon walk out together.

Proofread 9/08/15 (the day I learned that I couldn't do past and present tense)

Cliffhanger ayee. I didn't know what to write about, so I added a bunch of references so I hope you guys get it. I'm going abroad for June, so I might not be able to write, so I'm trying to cram chapters in.

Love you guys don't forget to vote and comment!!