Battle 47: Friend and Foe Alike

Start from the beginning

Ash: Okay.

Ritchie: Bye! And good luck to you, Niko!

Niko: Thanks! As Ash looks at Ritchie leaving.

Nurse Joy: Ash? All your Pokémon are ready for today's match, too. Same for you, Niko.

Ash: Oh, thanks, Nurse Joy.

Nurse Joy: I think you're very lucky to be battling a friend. Even if you don't win the match yourself, you can still be happy because your friend won. That makes it nice.

Ash: Yeah.

Nurse Joy: And I'm sure you and Ritchie will do your best no matter what.

Ash: Oh, we will.

Niko: 'I need to do my best too.' Up above, Team Rocket watches.

James: Those kids are really friends.

Meowth: Friends are very nice to have.

Jessie: There was something that prevented me from having friends when I was a little girl.

James: It must've been your personality.

Jessie: It must've been my...She then realized what James said and hits James. But I know how the two twerps' friendship can help us. At the cabin, the phone rings and Misty answers.

Misty: Good morning.

Ritchie: Uh, hello?

Misty: Oh, hi, Richie. We were just getting ready to go to Niko's match.

Ritchie: Is Ash there?

Misty: Well, yeah, but he's getting ready for the match.

Ritchie: You're that stuck up little bigmouth Misty, aren't you? Listen, lame-o, I didn't call to talk to you. Just get Ash and get lost.

Misty: Well, you can talk to him, you nasty little weasel! Here, Ash, prince charming wants to talk to you.

Ash: Who's that?

Misty: I should have known that kid was too good to be true. Meanwhile, at a phone booth, Team Rocket puts their plan in motion with Jessie wearing a voice modulator to make her sound like Ritchie.

Jessie: Hey, Ash. It's your friend, Ritchie. I have to tell you something about Pikachu. Can you come out and talk for just a minute?

Ash: Sure, where? Okay. And bring Pikachu? Alright, I'm on my way. (puts down the phone) Pikachu, we gotta go.

Brock: Just don't be late for Niko's match or yours.

Ash: I might be late for a lot of things, Brock, but I'm never late for a meal or a Pokémon match.

At the phone booth.

Jessie: A leading lady who also does character roles. I should have my own show. Later, Ash and Pikachu meet up at the location they and "Ritchie" accented to.

Ash: Hey, Ritchie! Where are you?

Ritchie: Hi, Ash! I'm glad you could make it.

Ash: Hey, what are you doing standing all the way over there? Ash walks over. So, what's this thing you want to tell me about Pikachu? Pikachu then realizes something's off.

"Ritchie": Well, Ash, you won't like it. Suddenly, a net snares both Ash and Pikachu.

"Ritchie": Pikachu's mine! It's revealed that the Richie Ash was talking with was just a puppet controlled by Team Rocket.

Jessie: Prepare for trouble!

James: Make it double.

Ash: Not you again!