Aftermath

Chapter 10: Aftermath

Luna's POV:

The morning after I expected to feel the warmth of Victoria near me but to my disappointment she was gone. I sat up and stretched a bit before reaching for my phone. Upon scrolling through it I saw everyone talking about the party last night. Most people were saying that the police came in and crashed the party arresting Ashton for alcohol and drug possession along with a few more people for being under the influence, some of them were released but Ashton was still being held pending an investigation. I sighed heavily. Never did I think something like this could happen, much less that I would be in the center of it. After a few minutes of scrolling Victoria enters her room with a plate of food, the smell alone made my throat salivate in hunger.

"Morning sleepy head, made you breakfast." She gently placed the table on my lap then sat down next to me.

"Why didn't you wake me up I could have helped you?"

"You needed sleep after yesterday, this was the least I could do after everything you went through. Besides I figured you would need a mood boost. Let me guess you already looked at social media and saw what everyone was posting." She said eyeing my phone.

"Yeah, I still find it a little hard to believe that it all happened honestly. It goes to show you that you can't judge a book based on what is on the surface. I was wrong about Ashton, and I know that now."

Just as I finished eating my phone began to go off, it was my mother, so I quickly answered. She was calling to ask me to come home as soon as possible for whatever reason so Victoria agreed and dropped me off.

(Time skip four months)

After the incident with Ashton the school was in a buzz for a while, not that I am surprised everyone was trying to figure out what exactly happened that night. There were a bunch of different rumors and gossip all which I ignored. Victoria and I have been closer as friends, and I have even managed to find a new friend in Leo a super gay super adorable nerd that is in one of my classes. Currently we were walking down the hall to our next class, and he was on a ramble about not having a date to the winter formal. I swear the way he was going on and on about it you would think that the world was ending but it was part of his charm, so I just laughed and let him continue.

"Luna girl I swear to god if you have me talking to myself I will cut your hair and cover your face in make up like a clown while you are sleeping." 

"I heard every single word you said, and I think you are being over dramatic. You know you have me and Victoria. Its not like either of us are going with dates." He scuffed and started to sarcastically laugh.

"You are hilarious if you actually believe that you two are so glued to each other that you are each other's dates. I don't honestly know why you haven't taken that woman and made out with her at the very least, but sure keep telling your self that there is nothing there."

I rolled my eyes even though I was blushing. The thought had crossed my mind once or twice not that I would admit it to him and honestly I don't think I would ever do it her either. We are friends and the bond that we have built isn't worth sacrificing over what might only be a little crush.

My phone started to ring, I pulled it out of my pocket and saw Victoria's name across the screen. I couldn't help but smile. Before I answered Leo walked away telling me to answer my girlfriend's call.

"Shut up!" I yelled at him. Bringing the phone to my ear. She heard me and thought I was talking to her.

"If you didn't want to talk to me you could have just let it go to voicemail."