First and Only Red Flag

Yin POV:

I stormed out of his office by banging the door so loud.

I turned left and walked to the Tay's office. His secretary meant to say something but I didn't listen.

I opened the door furiously. Tay was on the phone.

"Let me call you back in a bit."

"You need to do something."

"About what?"

"About him. He informed me that he is going to recruit somebody for my team. Somebody that punched me in my fucking face."

"What?"

"Yeah. That's right. Force. I told you the story."

"I'll talk to him."

"Are you fucking kidding me?"

"What do you want me to do?"

"Uhmm. Let me think.

STOP HIM! How does that sound??"

"Yin, You know he can overrule me. I explained this to you."

"Just stop him. Whatever the cost. He is messing with my life Tay."

"I'll arrange an emergency meeting regarding this recruit with global. Does that work?"

Finally, I could breath.

"That works."

Tay had some additional questions but I wasn't in the mood to answer. I left.

When I was on my way to my office, War stopped me.

He took my hand and dragged me to the stairs of fire escape.

"What's going on?"

"Nothing."

He looked concerned.

"Yin... I want to be with you in every step but I can only do that if you let me. Please. What is it?"

"It's Rowoon... I don't think he just came back to apologize at all. I think...

War, I think he wants to make me miserable."

"What?! That doesn't make any sense. He is at wrong here."

"I don't think he cares. He said that him and my ex are broken up. I got the vibe that he blames me somehow."

"That's it. I am going to beat the shit out of him. I don't care about the consequences."

He made a move to go and I barely managed to hold his hand to stop him.

"Can you... can you hug me?"

War immediately pulled me into his arms. He was patting my back.

After we stood like that for a while he backed off and began to put kisses on my face. I was more relaxed.

"When did you learn jiu jitsu?"

"Practicing for almost ten years now."

"As far as I know, striking is not allowed."

"No, it's not. But I love to make exceptions of that when it comes to people that intend harm."

"Like... Force."

"Yes, like Force." War looked into my eyes. "Why did he come into this conversation?"

"War... he may start working here."

War thought I was joking so he laughed without it being reached to his eyes.

"What?"

"My brother... he is more dangerous than I thought. He knows about Force. I don't think your meeting with him was a coincidence either. Probably, he is the one who told my ex where I lived.