Little B&B

War POV:

The buildings and parked cars were only mix of colors, you couldn't even distinguish them from each other even if you wanted to. Yin was speeding on the highway and I was silently sitting, even though my heart was filled with worry.

He didn't say a word or made a sound for so long and his eyes were burning with fire.

I was convinced that once he opened his mouth, he was going to burn everything then fly away like the Pokemon Charizard.

He turned to me. Directly looking at my face.

Not my head!

I was looking if I could duck and avoid getting hit by the fire blaze but there was no place in this stupid car.

He turned his head to the road again.

Such a wonder. Given the choice, would I rather get hit by a truck or a fire blaze?

Just as I was contemplating, we heard the horn of a truck and Yin turned the wheel hurriedly.

Mmm.

Fire. Way quicker.

"War?"

"I PREFER FIRE!"

"What?"

"Huh?"

"What fire? What are you talking about?"

"I don't know. What are you talking about?"

"I was asking, if it would be okay for you if we work remotely for couple of days."

"Is that even allowed?"

"Actually, yes. After the Covid-19 pandemic, company made a decision. If you think you're showing symptoms but your test is negative, you can work remotely up to 7 days per year. No questions asked."

"My throat is tingly."

He exhaled loudly. "Mine too."

I was too fucking nervous to ask anything but we were about to exit the city.

"Yin, uhm. Where are we going?"

"I don't know. I just need to get away for a day or two. Is that okay with you?"

I opened my phone.

"Let me get a sitter."

I was about to text Win when a thought popped on my head, I locked my phone back. I usually preferred to be alone when I felt intense emotions.

"If you want to be alone, I can sit at home. It's okay for me."

He threw me the most angry glance I've ever seen.

He's gonna melt my head with his breath.

"You don't want to come with me, is that it? You can just say that War."

"No, it's not tha-"

"Would you prefer spending time with him?"

"Who?"

"The tall succubus that touched your hair."

"Why would I pref-" I sighed. "Yin, this is ridiculous. I only said that because you look like you want to be alone."

"I don't want to be alone. I want to be with you."

"Then we're going to be together." I reached his thigh and put my hand there.

"I'm with you Yin. Always."

Tears dropped from his eyes.

Fuck.