Der Wahnsinn

A few nights later, I stumbled upon a note wedged in the window. Judging by the handwriting, it could only be from one of the vampires.

"My brother urgently requests your presence. Please, don't delay."

The back of the note bore an address, prompting me to swiftly prepare myself and head there. It led me to a dilapidated, small house, where a lone light flickered sporadically. Adjacent to it, a rock concert blared from a nearby concert hall.

Entering cautiously, I navigated through dimly lit rooms in search of Miguel. Candles and lamps sporadically illuminated the space. As I entered one room, a gust of wind seemed to extinguish a nearby candle. Turning, I spotted Miguel, his demeanor agitated, pacing erratically.

"Hey," I greeted, unsure if he heard me over the blaring music. Undeterred, I pressed on, "Is everything alright?"

Miguel glanced at me, his expression twisted in anger, and muttered, "Hunger."

Realization dawned upon me, correlating with Guilherme's urgent note. I nodded, indicating that he could feed on me. But he remained visibly disturbed by something, approaching me and gripping the back of my head with a sense of urgency. His eyes betrayed his inner turmoil, and with a sudden ferocity, he sank his teeth into my shoulder, tearing a chunk of flesh. Pain seared through me, and I struggled to break free as he seemed intent on further attack.

Frantically, I managed to pull away and hastily retreated towards the door, but Miguel lunged forward, sinking his teeth into the other side of my neck, inflicting excruciating pain. His actions were animalistic, driven by an insatiable hunger. Fearing for my life, I fought against him, eventually breaking free and fleeing home, where I secured every entry point upon my arrival.

Though tempted to reach out to Cesar for help, anger simmered within me over his departure. Now, faced with this dire situation, my nerves were on edge more than ever.