Les

After a week of going through the motions and waiting for Cesar, I made my way to the vampires' house. Upon arrival, Miguel greeted me warmly with hugs and kisses on the cheek.

"My dear mother! Have you forgotten your beloved vampire who waits for you every night?" he teased, showering me with affectionate gestures and his infectious smile.

"No, of course not, my dear," I replied, reciprocating the warmth. "I've come to see you."

"Then come, I was just talking to my brother Tavius," Miguel said, leading me into the room where they were gathered.

Once seated on the bed beside them, Miguel noticed my somber expression. "You seem sad. Did something happen?" he inquired.

"My guardian decided to move out. I'm not exactly sure where," I admitted.

"I'm sorry to hear that, my mother," Tavius chimed in sympathetically. "Living alone must make you feel vulnerable."

"Yes, it does. You know, last weekend I went out with Guilherme," I began.

"Yes, mother, we know," Tavius confirmed.

"And I don't want to hear any more about it," Miguel interjected, a hint of jealousy evident in his tone. "I'm tired of hearing about my brother's antics, especially when he's with you instead of me."

Ignoring Miguel's comment, I pressed on with my concerns. "That day, there was another immortal at the bar, someone like me," I recounted.

"Yes," Tavius agreed.

"Did Guilherme see who it was?" I inquired, sensing there might be something significant.

"No, he didn't," Miguel replied. "The other immortal actually approached us. He was seeking you, claiming to have seen you with Guilherme and followed you here."

"What does he want? What else did he say?" I pressed for more details.

"He didn't say much. Just that he knew you and wanted to see you again. He asked for directions to your home," Miguel explained.

"And did you give them to him?" I asked, a sense of unease creeping over me.

"No, we told him we would speak with you first," Tavius assured.

"What was he like?" I inquired, suddenly recalling a previous encounter with Ron. "Was he tall, with short hair? Big nose?"

"He looked like this," Miguel said, gesturing behind me. Startled, I turned to find Les sitting right beside me. I leaped up in shock and anger, only to realize it was Tavius taking on Les's appearance. I stood there trembling with rage as Miguel comforted me, chuckling at the misunderstanding.

"Calm down, my mother, calm down. This isn't the immortal who sought us. It's just Tavius showing you what that guy looked like," Miguel clarified.

"Les!" I spat out angrily, though Miguel's laughter only escalated. As I watched, Les's form shifted back to Tavius's, and I could feel the tension dissipating.

"This is my power, my mother—to transform into other people. We didn't mean to scare you," Tavius explained. "But if his appearance incites fear, then this immortal is indeed a threat."

"It's not fear, it's hatred," I corrected bitterly.

"Now we understand why he didn't approach you directly. He must fear your animosity," Miguel remarked, still chuckling, though Tavius admonished him.

I pulled away from Miguel's embrace, too furious to stay any longer.

Les, damn Les.

He was the first immortal I encountered, seemingly charming and polite. But behind his facade, Cesar, Veronica, Ritchie, Anthony—all warned me of his danger, urging me to stay away.