Go to the end of the street and read the sign!

Rony and I strolled around the house, exploring all the possibilities and having fun with them. Around lunchtime, one of the waitresses brought my cell phone, which was ringing. I thanked her and noticed on the display that it was Vince.

"That was bound to happen eventually," said Ron.

"He just can't know that..."

"He who just can't know what?" Cesar asked, surprising us. Unsure of what to say, I told the truth:

"You. You can't know Vince is calling me."

Cesar paused for a moment, and then my cell phone rang again. I was about to hang up or send it to voicemail, but he asked:

"Answer it."

"What?"

"He'll just keep calling. Feel free to talk to him now. I'm going upstairs to change for lunch."

Ron looked surprised and glanced at me. Without further delay, I answered Vince.

"Hey."

"Did you check out?"

"Yes, I..."

"Without saying a word to me? I put you there for a reason."

"I'm sorry, Vince. I left so suddenly that I forgot to..."

"Of all the people in the world, you forgot to mention to me who was leaving? Well... that's just fantastic..." He paused briefly and then asked, "Where are you now?"

"In my new house, I think."

"Where?"

"I really don't know the address."

"You don't know the address! Go to the end of the street and read the sign! Geez!"

"I'll send you a message with the address."

"You have five minutes, or I will call the police."

"OK!" I said, hanging up the phone. "What's the address here?" I asked Ron, who helped me find it. After sending the address via text message, Ron and I sat down for lunch. Cesar was descending the stairs as we entered.

"How was it?"

"He's coming here."

"Understood."

As he sat at the end of the table, he said:

"Deal with him when he arrives. I don't want it to ruin my dessert."

"And what should I say to him?" I asked, trying to figure out what Cesar was planning for our new life. Would I be his girlfriend? His friend? His wife? What?

"The boyfriend part is up to you. You have to know what to say."

"Yes, but... what about us? What are we?"

"Monsters."

Rony grew impatient and was about to say something when the staff arrived to serve us. Cesar seemed satisfied with his own madness.

"But, Cesar... What do I tell him?"

"Just say what you want her to say, already! Dammit" said Ron impatiently.

"I honestly don't care."