The one with your former lover's soul possessed by the devil!

As soon as we stepped out of Les' house, I sidled up to Miguel and threw it out there:

"I need you to take me back to the camp."

His brows furrowed. "What camp?"

"The place where they held me captive. I have to go back there."

"But that place might still be crawling with those nasty creatures!"

"Exactly. That's what I'm counting on. You don't have to stick around, but I've got to reconnect with those guys."

He mulled it over for a moment, then glanced away, taking a few steps in the opposite direction.

"You're itching to see him, huh?" he mused.

"Who are you talking about?" I shot back.

"Come on, who else? The one who's a dead ringer for your late husband! The one with your former lover's soul possessed by the devil!"

Well, there's one mystery solved. Chaos still lurks.

"I didn't even know if he was still kicking, and frankly, I don't care. I've got bigger fish to fry with them."

"And what could be bigger than offering yourself up to that demon like... like some sort of... well, you know!" Miguel accused sharply.

"Hey, watch your mouth!" I snapped.

"But it's the truth! You're heading there to cozy up to that demon, and you want to drag me into it!" he persisted.

"Enough, Miguel! It's not like that! Now, please..." I took a deep breath, trying to steady my voice. "I need you. Please help me out, and don't ask questions. You don't even have to hang around. Just show me the way. Please..."

"Oh, come on! You seriously think I'd ditch you with those cowards? I'm not leaving your side for a second!"

"Ready to roll then?" I prodded. He turned away, arms crossed, and took a few steps in the opposite direction, his head bowed in thought.

"It's a big risk..." he hesitated.

"I'll take my chances. I'm more than prepared."

"You sound like you're ready to meet your maker," he remarked, and in a way, he was right. Then, Miguel took a deep breath and faced me squarely. "Alright, fine. I'll take you there, but on two conditions."

"Miguel!" I grumbled.

"No negotiations. I'm laying down the law here. Do you agree or not?"

"Alright, what are they?"

"You stick by my side and don't pull any stupid stunts that could get you killed. I won't stand by and watch you become prey to those savages."

"Fine, what's the other one?"

"Let my brother Guilherme come along."

"No," I said firmly.

"I won't be able to protect you if we get blindsided, Mom."

"No, Miguel! It's better to forget the whole thing."

"Fine by me."

I huffed, turning to leave. After about five paces, I stopped. Damn it, I really needed his help. Without it, I'd be wandering through the desert like a fool. Again.

"Please... at least sketch out a map. I'm taking the risk. Please," I pleaded.

"I can't," Miguel stood his ground.

"Miguel, please!"

"I can't bear the thought of putting you in harm's way!"

"Please, Miguel! I need you!" I implored, my desperation showing.

"Don't give me those puppy dog eyes. Can't you see my heart's breaking too?"

I mulled it over for a moment.

"Fine. Let's bring Guilherme along, but I won't exchange a single word with him the whole trip."

"And how are you planning to rope him in?" Miguel questioned.

"Miguel!"

"Forgive him, mother. He means no harm."

"I don't want to talk about it now. Let's just ask him."

As I walked away, I caught sight of Les watching from one of the massive windows in his house.