Mr. Salazaar & Son

(external narrator)

It was a delightful night. The brisk afternoon rain had cleared the air, revealing more stars than usual in the beautiful sky. The scent of the flowers in the pristine garden at the house's entrance was enhanced by the brief rain.

After another day of work, Mr. Salazar arrived and, as the Americans say, decided to "stop and smell the flowers." He closed his eyes, reflecting on his late wife's idea for the spectacular garden. However, his thoughts were abruptly interrupted by a nearby giggle, prompting him to take a deep breath and focus on the source.

In the garden's corner, beyond the small fountain, was a bench where his son, Ian, often brought his girlfriends for laughter and loud kisses. Despite Ian's age and having his own apartment, he continued to bring his extra affairs to his father's house, causing Mr. Salazar to sigh and wonder about the potential consequences of this unfaithfulness.

Ian had become a problem, with girlfriends and ex-girlfriends causing disturbances at the door, property destruction, and various episodes at parties. Despite Mr. Salazar's attempts to warn people about his son's behavior, money prevailed, with friends, business partners, and the girls' parents pressuring him to get Ian married soon.

Fearing the strain on his relationships and associations, Mr. Salazar prayed at night that Ian would find the right girl to settle down with, even if she were a foreigner.

To escape the turmoil, Mr. Salazar sought refuge in a bar in a modest neighborhood of the city, away from those who flaunted wealth. It was during one of these afternoons that he noticed a young girl in her early twenties, engrossed in reading the daily newspaper. Over the next few days, he observed her interactions, realizing she was a foreigner unfamiliar with local culture and manners. She seemed unattached, dressed discreetly, and no one seemed to know her or vice versa.

In Mr. Salazar's eyes, she appeared to be the perfect candidate for Ian.