Ever since he connected the bond with Zayn, his body had only ever yearned for him.

"I can?" Zayn asked, stopping by the door. His eyes trailed Liam up and down at the thought.

"You can." Liam faced his back to him to turn on the shower. He heard the bathroom door click shut and felt Zayn's eyes on him as he undressed. Zayn's hands would usually touch him immediately, but Zayn was still waiting for permission, not wanting to push his luck. Liam knew that Zayn never resisted his bare skin. Zayn was being strict with himself, proving to Liam that he was trying hard.

Liam waited by the shower door with his hand under the water. Zayn undressed behind him and when Liam stood under the water, he felt Zayn brush against him as he slipped into the shower too. Liam sensed the awkwardness immediately and decided to do what they usually did in the shower, which was affectionately touch everything.

Liam rubbed soap between his hands and attentively reached up to rest a hand on Zayn's chest. Liam felt his heart thump against his palm.

Zayn's skin was hotter than the water as he
smoothed a hand down the front of his body. Zayn watched him with deep brown eyes and growing pupils. Liam's touch excited him, as it always did. He stayed still as Liam lathered him in soap, touching softly, taking extra care to smooth over every curve. Liam then washed Zayn's arms and when he reached his hands, Zayn intertwined their fingers.

Liam's eyes finally met his mates, and Zayn stepped closer. The water ran over one side of him, washing some of the soap away. Liam's brown hair darkened when wet, and stuck to his forehead.

Zayn's fingertips traced up the back of Liam's hands, his arms, his shoulders, his neck, the side of his face, and into his hair, brushing the strands back from Liam's face.

"Beautiful" Zayn said lowly, aware of Liam's hands returning to his body. He leaned down when Liam gripped his hips. "So fucking beautiful."

Zayn's head lowered until his nose brushed the bridge of Liam's nose. He smoothed it down until their foreheads touched. The noise of the water rushing between them was quiet compared to the sound of Liam's heart of gold thrashing inside.

"I've missed this," Liam whispered.

Showering together was another thing that brought them closer and washed away their troubles.

"I've missed you." Zayn's lips tingled for a kiss, but instead, he lifted his head to let the water stream between their faces.

They stared, and their hands touched, and the tension swelled, and steam clouded around them.

Those oak eyes stared so lovingly, Liam fell deeply into them, like the very first time Zayn had looked at him.

In a swift action, Liam grabbed Zayn's face, tugged his head down, and smashed their lips together.

Zayn's arms wrapped around him and their naked bodies collided. Zayn pushed Liam's back into the tiled shower wall and kissed him hard.

The tiles were cold against Liam's back, but Zayn's hot body shared a warmth that sank deep into his soul.

They kissed roughly, and with desperation. Their hands rubbed every inch of each other, and the tension twisted around them, keeping them so close, they might as well have shared the same body.

They kissed passionately, venturing each other's mouths, kissing each other's necks and sometimes travelling lower.

By the time they were done, they had stood in the shower for thirty minutes, doing anything but washing themselves. Liam's cheeks were red and Zayn knew it wasn't from the heat of the water. He was a little flustered too. Neither of them had expected to dive so far into their affection, but they loved each other, and their bodies enjoyed reminding them.

Though Zayn loved a lot more of Liam than just his body. His Liam was an extraordinary person.

Zayn felt blessed just to be in the same room, never mind sharing parts of his soul.
They got into bed that night with light hearts. The bond was stitching back together with each passing day. Liam knew the bond used stronger thread this time. They were connecting on a level that Zayn kept just out of reach for almost two years.

Now that Liam had pushed through his walls, he had access to everything Zayn could be, and he could be so much more than the person he had fooled the world into believing was the real Zayn Malik.

Liam saw unlimited possibilities, he only hoped Zayn would see that too.

"Goodnight," he said, leaning over his bedside table to switch off the lamp. He then snuggled under the duvet, but Zayn sat next to him, not moving, only watching. When Liam locked their gazes, the expression on Zayn's face took his breath away.

Zayn looked so utterly in love, Liam sat up again to savour such a pure sight.

"Are you alright?" he asked, arching a brow with an odd smile.

"It's just-" Zayn shook his head to snap him out of his daze. "I've fucked up so much in my life, yet I still get to go to bed with someone like you. I don't know why I've been given another chance, but Liam... my god Liam, I won't waste it."

Liam sighed softly with a smile, wondering when they would start talking about other things, and wondering when they had officially moved past this tragedy to talk about other things.

Liam tilted his head and patted his cushion. Zayn shuffled across the bed and they rested their heads on the same pillow. Zayn was vulnerable again. His heart was exposed.

Liam smoothed the back of his fingers over Zayn's cheek until the werewolf's eyes started to close. Liam then touched Zayn's chest, feeling his heart's slow and steady rhythm.

Only when Zayn was asleep, Liam whispered, "I love you. No matter what you do, I'll never stop loving you. Please don't take advantage of that again."

Liam pulled Zayn's heavy arm around him. His mate didn't even stir, so Liam snuggled as close as possible. The only space between them was the fabric of their clothing, but for now, that was close enough for Liam.