21. Shopping

As Victor's mommy arrived at the daycare the next day, she noticed that he was excitedly chatting about his day, and she couldn't help but smile at his enthusiasm. She greeted them warmly and then crouched down to Victor's level: "Hi, sweetie! How was your day?" she asked, smiling at him.

"Hi, mommy! Me had fun! Me pwayed wif bwocks and cowowed a picsho!" Victor replied, his eyes sparkling with excitement.

"Aw, I'm so glad to hear that, honey! Did you need a diaper change today?" she asked, gently ruffling his hair.

"Umm, yes, mommy," Victor replied, a little sheepishly. His mommy turned to one of the daycare staff members and asked, "Could you tell me how many diapers Victoria went through today? I want to make sure we have enough for the week."

"Of course, Victoria went through three diapers today, and we have extra in her bag," the staff member replied with a smile.

"Thank you so much for taking care of her," Victor's mommy said gratefully.

After the conversation, Victor's mommy helped him gather his belongings, and she noticed that the bow on his dress had become a bit crooked.

"Let's fix your bow, sweetie," she said, adjusting it gently. "There we go, all set!"

"Tank you, mommy," Victor said, looking up at her with a big smile

They made their way to the car, and Victor's mommy helped him into his car seat, making sure he was securely fastened.

"Are you all buckled up, my little sweetheart?" she asked, leaning in to give him a quick kiss on the forehead.

"Yup, me weady, mommy!" Victor replied, swinging his legs in excitement. "Good girl," she cooed, fastening her seatbelt as well. After leaving the daycare, they didn't drive straight home, confusing Victor. "Why we no go home, Mommy?" he asked while suckling on his paci.

"I have a little surprise for you, sweetie," she said. "We're going to pick up Aunt Linda and Mia, and then we'll go shopping together," his mommy explained.

As they drove to Aunt Linda's house, Victor chattered happily about his day, pointing out familiar landmarks along the way. When they arrived at Aunt Linda's house, Mia came running out, her eyes lighting up when she saw Victor.

"Hi, Mia! Me had fun at daycare today!" Victor greeted his cousin. "Victoria! You're here! You're looking sooo cute!" Mia exclaimed, giving Victor a hug as they got into the car. Victor blushed sitting in his carseat, while his actually much younger cousing sat on a booster seat.

The children chattered happily in the back seat as they made their way to the store. Mia couldn't contain her excitement at seeing Victor still dressed as Victoria, a baby girl. "Victoria, you look so pretty! I'm glad you're still a little girl. I just love your dress and your bow," Mia exclaimed, her eyes sparkling with joy.