15 - Rachel

One morning, as Victor and his mommy sat at the breakfast table, she gently brought up the topic of her work commitments.

"My sweet Victoria," his mommy began, her voice filled with warmth and understanding, "I have some important work responsibilities that require me to be away during the day. But don't worry, I've made arrangements for someone very special to take care of you while I'm gone."

Curiosity sparkled in Victor's eyes as he wondered who his mommy had chosen.

"I've spoken to Rachel, a girl from your class whom you've mentioned before," his mommy explained, a mischievous smile playing on her lips. "She's a kind and responsible young girl, and I thought she would be perfect to babysit you."

Victor's heart skipped a beat at the mention of Rachel's name. He had admired her from afar, secretly holding a crush on her. The thought of spending time with Rachel filled his heart with a mix of excitement and nervousness.

"I know you think highly of her," his mommy continued, her eyes twinkling with understanding. "I thought it would be wonderful for you to spend time together and get to know each other better. Rachel is aware of your situation and is excited to see you."

Victor's cheeks flushed with a rosy hue, a mix of anticipation and shyness filling him.

"You don't have to worry about a thing," his mommy reassured him. "Rachel will be there to keep you company, play games, and ensure you have a fun and enjoyable day. You can trust her, just like you trust me." She continued, reaching out to gently touch Victor's hand. "Rachel is aware that you might feel a little shy or nervous, but she's really excited about getting to know you better too. I spoke to her and she said she'd be honored to spend the day with you."

Victor nodded, feeling a sense of comfort knowing that Rachel was aware of his feelings and accepting of his journey. The thought of spending time with someone who understood and supported him made him feel at ease.

"Fank you, Mommy," Victor said, his voice filled with gratitude. "I'm weally looking fowward to spending the day with Wachel."

His mommy smiled warmly and gave him a reassuring hug. "I knew you would be. Just be yourself, my darling, and have a wonderful time together. I'll be back this evening, and we can talk all about your day," his mommy said, her voice filled with love. "It's an opportunity for you to bond with Rachel and maybe even build a friendship."

Victor's heart swelled with gratitude for his mommy's thoughtfulness. He trusted his mommy's judgment and felt excited about the possibility of connecting with Rachel on a deeper level.

As the day progressed, Victor's excitement grew. He couldn't wait to see Rachel and spend time with her. Thoughts of playing games, sharing stories, and maybe even mustering up the courage to talk about his secret crush filled his mind.

 Thoughts of playing games, sharing stories, and maybe even mustering up the courage to talk about his secret crush filled his mind

When Rachel arrived at their doorstep, Victor's heart fluttered with nervous excitement. As she stepped into the house, she spotted Victor standing near the doorway, a mix of excitement and nervousness evident on his face. She smiled warmly at him, hoping to ease his worries. He greeted her with a shy smile, feeling a mix of admiration and anticipation. But as soon as he saw her warm smile and kind eyes, all his worries melted away.