028

19th June
12: 09 am
Seoul, Korea

"Good morning, Unnie," the brunette greeted Jisoo with a warm smile as she sat down for breakfast, serving herself some juice.

"Good morning," Jisoo greeted back, and Jennie joined in, serving herself some food.

While chewing on her toast, Jisoo looked at Jennie with wide eyes and asked, "Jen, could you go to the market today? The butler's off, and the driver wasn't feeling well, so I told him to take the day off. Plus, um... Jin is taking me.... out today."

"It's okay, I can go. You enjoy your date," Jennie replied with a teasing smile. Jisoo playfully smacked her head, saying, "You're so naughty,"

So here she was, wearing a cute long dress and a pair of comfortable sneakers. She wanted to take a stroll downtown, just like any regular city girl, without feeling like a CEO of a company.

As Jennie walked into the bustling grocery store, she grabbed a shopping cart and made her way through the aisles. She started by picking up some fresh fruits like peaches, avocados, and cherries. Next, she moved on to the vegetable section, carefully selecting crisp lettuce, juicy tomatoes, and vibrant bell peppers.

Continuing her grocery run, Jennie made her way to the dairy aisle, where she grabbed a carton of milk, some creamy yogurt, and a block of cheese. She then headed to the pantry section, stocking up on essentials like pasta, rice, and canned goods.

With her cart full of groceries, Jennie made her way to the checkout counter. She placed each item on the conveyor belt, and the friendly cashier scanned them one by one. After the total was calculated, Jennie paid the bill and received her receipt.

Leaving the grocery store, Jennie stepped out onto the busy streets of Seoul. She took a deep breath, feeling a sense of accomplishment as she carried her bags of groceries home.

It was a completely new experience for her, as she had never done anything like that in her 23 years of life.

Of course, she wanted to live like a regular person, doing shopping and hanging out with friends. But due to her busy and complicated life, she couldn't.

She twirled around happily, swinging her bags as people watched in awe. Everyone knew Kim Jennie, the owner of one of the biggest companies in Asia.

As she spun around with her bags, she accidentally bumped into something solid, causing her to stumble. Luckily, she managed to regain her balance.

Rubbing her forehead in annoyance, she looked up with a 'what the heck' expression. But the person in front of her was none other than Kim Taehyung. She stared at his face as he spoke, "Jennie? What are you doing here? In this outfit?"

She was too stunned to answer as she gazed into his eyes, barely registering his words. A slight wave snapped her back to reality, causing her cheeks to flush bright red.

She saw Taehyung snap his fingers in front of her, bringing her back to reality. "Well, well, princess, welcome back," he said with a smoldering gaze.

As they continued their conversation, a girl with sharp features entered the scene, catching Jennie's attention. Jennie couldn't resist to admire her sense of style. The girl wore a sleek, black suit that accentuated her curves flawlessly, making Jennie feel a twinge of jealousy. The suit was paired with a crisp white shirt, unbuttoned just enough to reveal a delicate necklace. Completing her look, the black leather gloves added a touch of perfection to her overall appearance.

(Kinda like this or better imagine yourself)

Jennie gave Taehyung a 'who is she?' look as the girl stood beside him. Just as Taehyung was about to speak, he was interrupted by the girl.

"I'm Ji-eun Lee, and IU to you," she said with a blank expression, but her actions crushed Jennie's heart as she intertwined her arm with Taehyung's. "And his girl also," Taehyung seemed shocked by the statement as his widened eyes confirmed that, but he didn't object, which only made Jennie's heart sink even more.

Jennie's eyes widened as she looked at Taehyung and then at IU, her gaze fixed on their intertwined arms. A tear escaped her eye, dropping onto the marble street. She let out a chuckle, trying to hide her sadness.

"Y-you never told me you had a girl," Jennie remarked, her voice trembling slightly.

IU clinched onto Taehyung's shoulder even more, her tone slightly defensive. "Yeah? Is there a problem with that?"

Taehyung stood there, unable to move or answer, his eyes filled with surprise. He couldn't believe what was happening. When did this happen?

Jennie composed herself, looking up at IU. "Uh, nice to m-meet you, M-miss Ji-eun. Uh... I'm actually running late. Unnie must be waiting for me. See you around," she said, bowing slightly with a bittersweet smile.

As Taehyung watched Jennie walk away he felt a strong sense of regret and sadness seeing her in tears. He turned to IU, who gave him a 'what' look.

"Why did you lie to her?" he asked, his voice filled with irritation.

"I don't think that girl seems nice, so I suggest you stay away from her," IU suggested, causing Taehyung to run his fingers through his hair in frustration.

"You're married, Noona," Taehyung said, frustration evident in his voice, as IU chuckled, reminiscing about how she held onto Taehyung's arm protectively like a girlfriend.

"Listen, Tae, she's not the right one for you. You deserve a girl who is responsible and committed to her work. Remember how she was twirling around like a kid?" Taehyung chuckled bitterly, recalling Jennie's tearful state thus she tried to hide her tears.

"She's the one, and she will always be the one. You better stay out of it, Noona," Taehyung declared, his anger palpable as he walked away from IU on the street. IU crossed her arms, raising an eyebrow as she watched him go.

"Oh, how much I want to kick your ass," she muttered under her breath, Taehyung's shouts reaching her from a distance. "Are you coming or should I just leave you here?"

"Eww, I can't stay here. I'M COMING!" she shouted back, making sure her words were heard.

✮✮✮

"I'm Ji-eun Lee, and IU to you,"

"And his girl also."

IU clinched onto Taehyung's shoulder even more.

"I was right, he doesn't love me," Jennie mumbled to herself, wiping her tears harshly from her cheeks as she walked down the streets.

"You're just a black scar on your family," his uncle spat throwing the papers on her face.

"You're a mistake, Jennie Kim," another voice echoed.

All these words, spoken by those close to her, played over and over in her mind.

"You're worthless," they said.

"I wish you were never born."

The hurtful words from the people she had encountered in her life made her head ache.

"No one is ever going to love you. You're so fat and ugly."

"You're a loser."

The words from her classmates, who had been her bullies, echoed in her mind as she sat on the street, holding her head and shouting, "I AM NOT A LOSER."

Thankfully, there was no one around on that abandoned street to hear her scream. Tears streamed down her cheeks, but she didn't bother to wipe them away anymore. Why would she?

"I AM NOT A MISTAKE! ARE YOU LISTENING? I AM NOT A MISTAKE!" she screamed, her voice echoing through the streets. Tears streamed down her face like rain as she looked up at the sky.