Bound by Bond

As the day unfolded, the trio continued their walk along the shore to Falme. The rhythmic sounds of the waves seemed to echo the unspoken tension between Moiraine, Lan, and Elara.

Elara playfully nudged Lan, her mischievous grin revealing a hint of knowingness. She whispered, "Are you gonna ask her or not? I know you have been wondering. I may have been gone for a while, but I've seen your dreams in the meantime."

Lan sighed, looking at Moiraine, "Now is not the time, Elara."

Elara persisted, "Now is the perfect time. If you don't say something, I will."

Lan rubbed Elara's head, conceding. He walked towards Moiraine, contemplating his words. "The bond, are we going to talk about it?"

Moiraine, her gaze fixed on the distant horizon, asked, "Do you really want it back? After everything I've done to you?"

Elara observed the exchange with keen interest.

Lan responded, "I never asked for my bond to be released, nor will I. Stop pretending, Moiraine. I think you're afraid. You don't want me to know how weak you feel. How unprepared. Overwhelmed. Because then you'll have to face it yourself. You can't hurt me anymore, Moiraine. It took me a long time to accept what you said, about us not being equals, but I understand it now. And I believe in what you do, even now, when I know not half of it."

Moiraine, facing the sea, conceded, "The only reason that I was able to say that you're not my equal... is that I've known one thing to be true since the first day we met. You have always been my better."

Moiraine glanced at the water, and Lan stepped closer. They exchanged a meaningful look.

"Let me back in," Lan implored.

Moiraine stepped up to him, and they closed their eyes. Channeling the One Power, woven threads encircled them, connecting their chests. Opening their eyes, they found themselves forehead to forehead, a shared moment of vulnerability.

 Opening their eyes, they found themselves forehead to forehead, a shared moment of vulnerability

Elara, watching with tears in her eyes, ran over to them, wrapping her arms them around both. They embraced, relieved to have each other back in their arms.

---

The day continued as the trio continued along the shore, the salty breeze tangling Moiraine's dark hair. The sound of the waves seemed to underscore the complexity of their journey.

Lan, ever the observant one, remarked, "You're faster than you used to be."

Moiraine, having shed the top part of her blue dress, revealing a white shirt underneath, replied, "Feels like I'm running without buckets on my back."

Elara, walking between them, chuckled at their banter. Their dynamic, though laced with history and complexities, held a certain familiarity.

Moiraine's expression shifted. She sensed something through the bond, a connection that tied her to Lan.