15|homesick|

In a tumultuous moment, urgency permeated the air with echoing cries, demanding immediate protection for the children. My mother's voice resonated in desperation.

"There's no time! The witches are here, and we're surrounded. One of the children possesses the flame. We can't risk it falling into the wrong hands," stressed a man, his words laced with concern.

"But—" my mother's voice trembled.

"We can't afford 'buts.' This power must stay hidden, or the realms could be in jeopardy. As part of the Company of the Light, it's our duty," the man declared, creating a portal and holding a baby boy.

With a swift incantation, my mother cast a spell on both babies to conceal their powers. "This should keep them hidden," she murmured.

"Goodbye, my love. Stay safe," the man's voice cracked with emotion as he stepped into the portal, leaving my mother crumpled on the ground, holding a baby.

"Hurry, Your Highness! We must go to Solaria for safety. Your brother is waiting. Domino has fallen; we can't risk being next!" a servant urged, guiding my mother to move.

I woke up feeling strange. Was that a memory? Is it a nightmare?

---

"This exercise involves opening this padlock using only magic. The key to an effective technical charm is proper pronunciation. For instance, this incantation is pronounced 'Expediocatinum,'" explained Palladium.

"Bloom, want to give it a try?" Palladium asked, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Sure," I said, standing up.

She said, "Expediocatinum." The lock opened.

"Well done," complimented Palladium as I sat back down.

"Now see what happens if I switch one letter, 'Expediocatinus,'" said Palladium, and suddenly, cats appeared.

I just want to sleep and never wake up right now. I opened my notebook, doodling hearts and putting Helia's name in the middle.

"Caia, are you paying attention?" said Palladium.

"Huh? Uh, yes, professor," I said, quickly shutting my notebook, embarrassed.

"All right, please recite the spell," said Palladium.

"Um, let's see. Exagerocatanum." I said, and the cats got bigger, making Palladium fall down.

The whole class laughed at him.

I got red and awkwardly laughed, scratching the back of my head.

---

"Sun tanning is bad for your skin," said Musa as we walked through the halls.

Stella was telling us to go get a tan with her.

"Oh, but who cares, Musa. A tan looks very nice," said Stella.

"I'm working on my healing power," said Bloom.

"I'm going to do my homework," said Tecna.

"Me too, good idea," said Musa.

"Yeah, you're not dragging me to do that; let's just both pretend I'm busy," I groaned.

"You guys are boring," complained Stella.

As we came back to our dorm, I went straight to my room.

I kept thinking about my dream from earlier and what it meant and about Helia, thinking maybe I should text him? No, I shouldn't.