08|new friends|

"Alright if we're going to stay up with her all night let's talk about important stuff...Do you think she has a boyfriend?" Stella started as she and the girls all gathered in a room waiting to hear if the girl they found outside of the school was going to be alright.

"Wouldn't you rather talk about Brandon's girlfriend?" Musa sassed as I let out a giggle only to muffle it with my hand once Stella sent me a small glare.

"And who is Brandon's girlfriend" The blond grumbled crossing her arms over her chest.

"You are Stella, remember?" Tecna answered with an amused smile playing on her lip.

Seeing the look of realization hit Stella's face the winx let out amused laughs

"The sun will be up in exactly twelve minutes!" Tecna informed them after checking her phone.

Gasping flora put her hands on her head "Oh no! None of us have slept a wink! How will we stay awake tomorrow?"

"You mean today?" corrected Tecna.

Stella simply shrugged  "Don't worry let's just sleep in. It's the fist week of school, classes are optional."

"Yeah sure Stella great way to start the year!" Musa says sarcastically letting out a yawn at the end of her sentence.

Seeing Musa yawn made Stella realize how tired she was.

She put out a yawn of her own before saying "Fine, fine bedtime ladies, enough talk about boys!"

I stood up and made my way to Stella looping their arms together I whisper to the blond "Let's go stel, if we're still tired by the time our first class starts we'll sleep in."

—————-

I let out a tired sigh as I heard professor Wizgiz teach the class.I hadn't gotten much sleep the night before, tossing and turning in bed, worried about the girl that had fainted just outside of the school.I look to my right, only to shake my head in wonder at Stella, who was putting on some blush with a smile on her face. I could only imagine the things going on in my best friends mind, anything but what the professor was teaching. Fashion, shopping, how to redecorate their room... Brandon.  Looking away from the blond I turned my head slightly, my hand still rested on my cheek with my arm on the desk. Bloom looked just about as tired as me.

I was brought out of her thoughts when she heard Professor Wizgiz say " I know what your thinking, wouldn't it be nice if all of the things in the universe were good. Well that's not the case. Further more, that's not possible because in the universe there is no light without darkness. When a form of energy is created it produces an opposite force, equally strong, observe." He opens his fist and shows his palm."what do you see?" His question brings a chorus of 'huh's from the students because nothing is seen on his hand.

"Professor, you're showing us nothing." I says raising my hands in confusion making some of the students laugh.

Professor Wizgiz simply smiled before snapping his fingers, causing the light in the classroom to go out. It was only when the classroom was pitch black that the students could see the green orb of magix in the Professor's hand.

"See! What i did was I captured some of the light that was in the room but it only shows it's power in the darkness. It's polar opposite." he explained before closing his hand making the lights in the classroom turn back on.

Professor Wizgiz jumped back onto his desk before continuing, "As I mentioned at the beginning of this introductory class, the existence of good energy results in the creation of an equal amount of evil energy. Normally these forces are balanced, but sometimes balancing needs a little bit of help...."