Chapter 29 - Training

Start from the beginning

Zaneri looked at you, patting your shoulder as she started to speak again. "I did talk to them, to what you call 'the voice.' I can not disclose our discussion but I can tell you that they were someone that I've known for a while. They are very dear to me. Soon, you'll know them as well." You looked at her, sighing as you knew that this would be all the information you're getting...but it's a good start.

"Thank you, Zaneri." You hugged her as she hugged back, liking your embrace.

"So, I'm guessing that I never had a trial and that this was to talk to the voice?" Zaneri nodded. "That makes sense. Does your sister know about them?"

"We had a suspicion but I will tell her now." Zaneri extends her hands in front of her as she closes her eyes, focusing on her sister. "Jenna, we were right. It is them, just a little different. Let me explain..." She starts to explain the situation and what she discovered to her sister, which earned a surprising giggle from Jenna. "Oh! So, that's what's happening. Interesting! Well, send her over to me and we'll get her right back into tip top shape!"

Zaneri hummed, cutting off their connection as she opened her eyes. "You'll be going to Jenna now. She'll help you with weapon use." She started to walk away from you, but stopped once hearing your voice again.

"Wait, but what about Meliodas?"

"He's none of your concern. He has his own task and you have yours. Besides, I thought you wanted to learn how to get stronger, I doubt a bat would help anyone."

Your eyes widened. You had never told her about wanting to get stronger, nor had you told her about your bat. "How do you know that?" You then gasped. "Wait, did the voice tell you?"

Zaneri facepalmed before nodding. "Damnit." She looked back toward you. "They want you to be stronger to protect yourself. Now, please go to my sister."

You nodded, thanking Zaneri as you hugged her before running toward the entrance. You stopped, confusing Zaneri as she saw you coming back.

"Um..I don't know how to leave," you told her, sheepishly.

She let out a rare laugh as she took your hand, guiding you back. After a while, the two of you made it back to Elizabeth and Meliodas; both continued struggling with their task. You walked over to Elizabeth, seeing that she was quite focused with her task.

"Elizabeth, how's it going?"

"Not well," she answered in low spirits. "I haven't been able to make even a tiny root appear." You patted her shoulder, reassuring her. "You'll get it, Ellie. I know you will."

"Are you done with your trial, Y/N?"

You looked at Zaneri, who gave you a nod. "Uh..yeah, I did. But I have to go over to Jenna."

"Huh, why?" She didn't want you to leave.

"Well, Zaneri told me that she'll teach me to wield a weapon and that should come in handy as we advance." She pouted, but still smiled as she was happy you could learn to protect yourself. "That's great."

"I know, right? Well, I better get going. See you later, Elizabeth and look after Meliodas for me, okay?" You told her as you ran out the cave, light blinding your eyes for a moment before it settled. 'Alright, now to find Jenna.' You headed down the hill, making way toward the other cave once Jenna came into view. "You're Jenna, right?"

"Correct! And you're Y/N. To get you started, go into the cave and we'll go from there. Also, usually we don't allow weapons, but considering your case, you'll choose one of the weapons shown to you once you enter. Now, go on ahead."

You nodded, entering the cave as you were transported to a large room. In front of you were weapons; swords, shields, bow and arrows, axes, but one weapon stood out the most; a chain scythe. You ran your hand over the chain that held both together as you felt a chill run over your body. You picked up the weapon, holding it like an expert. 'I've never held this kind of weapon before, so why...does it feel so familiar?'