Chapter 2 - The Next Morning

The sun's bright light hit my face when I turned over in the grass. I sat up, keeping the blanket close to me. I looked over to my left and saw Diane.

'Looks like this isn't a dream. Wait, then that means......' I trail off in my thoughts, remembering last night when they all saw me naked. I blushed furiously. I calmed myself down and decided to go to the waterfall to take a shower.

5 minutes later

I get out of the waterfall and dry myself off. I look at the clothes Elizabeth gave me. She gave me a long sleeved shirt, some pants, and a bra and panties.

'Well, time to do some fashion.' I think to myself.

I put on the bra, not even wearing the shirt, but I tied it around my waist. I decided to cut the pants, so that they could be shorts, with a sharp stick. I cut them short enough so that they would be up to about this length.

 I cut them short enough so that they would be up to about this length

I put on everything. I was now wearing a bra with no shirt, short shorts with my shirt tied around my waist. I started walking back to where Diane was and I saw that she was awake and panicking? I started walking toward her and tapped her arm. She looked down at me and started to relax.

"Where were you?" She asked, somewhat angry.

"I went to the waterfall to take a shower. The one you showed me." I replied.

"Oh, right. Sorry." She says.

"No. It's fine. I should've told you where I was going." I say.

She looks away and we both stand in silence for a bit, until I say something.

"I'm going to head inside to eat, okay?" I tell Diane.

She nods.

"Do you want anything?" I ask.

"No, I'm good. I'll find some berries." She says.

"Ok. Can I join you after breakfast?" I ask.

"You...want to join me?" She asks.

I nod. I really wanted to go with her. I wanted to explore and find out more about this place.

"Yes. If that's okay with you?" I ask.

"Sure. You can join, but you better hurry. I have to eat soon." She says.

"Okay." I say and run into the tavern.

Once I'm inside, I see that no one is awake yet. My stomach growls. I really need to eat. I head behind the counter and look at what we have.

'I could make do with this.' I think to myself. 'Culinary school, don't fail me now.'

I start cooking some veggies and grill some of the meat. I take out some bread and put it on the pan since they don't have a toaster. It will take about five minutes before everything's done, so I can go out and get water. I head out of the tavern with a bucket in hand and walk toward the waterfall. I fill up the bucket and head back to the tavern. I walk back inside and start to sift the water, to get any of the salt out. After I finish sifting, I turn off the stove and put everything on a plate. I was about to start eating when someone ate some of my food. I looked to my right and saw Meliodas.