Michael's first two periods were uneventful. They consisted of standing up in front of the class to introduce himself, correcting the teachers whenever they called him the wrong name, and boring material that the teachers never explained.

Finally third period rolled around. Michael entered the theater, where he saw his friends in the front row seats. Behind them were four girls loudly singing along to the Mean Girls soundtrack.

Michael walked over and sat in between Melanie and Calum. "Mike!" Calum said, his grin growing. "How were your first two classes?"

"They were alright," Michael responded.

"Mr. G is always late." Melanie groaned.

"Stop being so dramatic, Melanie." Arzaylea groaned. She was once again sitting on Luke's lap, playing with his fingers.

There was a loud clap, which startled the class. Everyone's heads turned to the source of the noise. There was a man in his late 60s standing there. He swung his keys around and walked to the seats.

"Front of the stage!" He demanded. Everyone stood up and jumped onto the stage. Michael sat crisscrossed in between Luke and Ashton.

The man clapped his hands once more. "Okay, today we have a new kid joining us." The man turned to Michael. He crossed his arms.

"Michael, right?" Michael nodded.

"Alright. I'm Mr. Gelinas, but feel free to call me Mr. G. I'm the performing arts teacher and the director for any productions we do here." He explained. Michael timidly nodded once more. He had to admit that Mr. G was scary.

"Everyone, introduce yourself." Mr. G said. One of the girls who was singing turned to Michael. She had curly brown hair and a beaming smile.

"I'm Maddy." She said. Another one of the girls turned to Michael. She had black hair and a beautiful olive skin tone.

"I'm Izzy." She said. Michael had to admit that Izzy was really pretty. He felt a soft blush rise to his cheeks.

The next girl turned to him. "I'm Billie!" She said. Billie had short black hair that was styled into two pigtails.

The final girl turned to Michael. "I'm Rebecca!" She had long blonde hair and seemed the most energetic of the three.

"Nice to meet you guys; I'm Michael." The three girls smiled and turned back to Mr. G.

"Now, I know it's Michael's first day, but I'm gonna assign a partner project." Mr. G explained as he began to pace. The whole class groaned. For dramatic effect, Luke threw his head back, which caused Michael to giggle. Luke turned to Michael and softly smiled.

"I know, I know." Mr. G shook his head. He looked back at the group and continued to pace.

"I want you guys to create a short fifteen to twenty-minute play. It doesn't matter what it's about; I just want it to fit you." Everyone nodded.

Mr. G pulled out a clipboard from what seemed like thin air. He looked down at it.

"Maddy and Rebecca, Arzaylea and Izzy, Crystal and Ashton, Billie and Sierra, Calum and Melanie, and Luke and Michael." He read off the list.

"I'll give you the next three weeks to complete the script. The next four weeks after that will be spent blocking and memorizing. Once that's done, you'll perform your play in front of the class. Does all of that make sense?" Everybody nodded, and some responded with a 'yes, Mr. G.'

"Alright!" He clapped his hands again. "Disperse and begin writing!"