Chapter 33. Hatred

Luciel was seething in her prison with the rage that overwhelmed her; time, as a physical phenomenon, did not exist for the creature in the pitch darkness of the trap created by the damned Schlözer. A moment and a second could last forever, just as years flew by in a matter of minutes. The goddess fought with all her might against an invisible barrier, but nothing worked, until one day she began to distinguish barely audible sounds from the external world. "How could I let something like this happen? How? The traitor beat me on my field, at the very end! Impossible! I will destroy!!!" – The immortal roared mentally. It was impossible to understand where the cube was based on these echoes of real space, but Amber-Eyed felt the heart of the earth beating nearby. After an indefinite period of time, the walls of the prison began to crack. Luciel pressed forward, expanding her fiery essence and pushing herself out. She brother's voice was heard from outside.

"Get ready! She will appear soon and we need to capture her!" The traitor knew that his sister was about to be released and gave orders to someone, intending to prevent her from doing so. "You can't do it, you fallen idiot!" – She thought and hatred for all living things filled the goddess. Finally, the prison exploded into small fragments and the real world filled the space with bright light. Everything happened too quickly. Violet rays hit Luciel from all sides and she was twisted. She roared, not knowing where she was or what was going on around her; people in black suits and helmets fluttered in front of her like frightened midges, shooting at her with some kind of powerful streams of energy from their guns. The immortal found herself in a circle of stones and cursed symbols of the language of the ancients, who had already helped Lucifer capture her.

"No!!!" - Luciel screamed and flared up like she had never burned before, the mortals began to howl terribly in pain like match heads. There was a thickness of earth overhead and the goddess realized that she was deep under the surface of the planet. It was necessary to run, the creature realized that the traitor was trying to hold her. He became stronger than before, much stronger and it was too dangerous to fight him. She rushed up trying to escape, but she was pulled back into a trap, as if an anchor had been attached to her tail. Some of the deity's power dissipated into space, and in order to survive, she soon tore herself in half. The amber-eyed one escaped with a cry of pain and despair. Stones, layers of soil, more stones and here it is, the sky, light and blue. The Eternal One rushed towards him, feeling how she was losing herself, her essence. All power is a thing of the past. She melted like an ice floe in hot weather. "i need a body! Urgently! I can't change shape! I'll die like that!" – Luciel thought in panic and fell down, making an arc above the clouds. The surface of the earth was approaching, and a small settlement appeared below. No one would let her voluntarily enter her body, but she could not do this by force, and the only way out was a plant, this could save the immortal for a short time from disappearing from reality, forever. A small bush was the first to catch her eye, in the garden of some house, and the great goddess, who ruled an entire civilization of mortals in the past, hid in the thin stems of the plant, like a parasite, a mold attached to the trunk.

***

The village of Borisovo was a small settlement not far from the Norwegian border on the Russian side, only twenty houses and a small church. Six kilometers away was the village of Izmailovo, it was larger and there once was a state farm where all the residents of both settlements worked, but for more than seven years the enterprise had been ruined and the local people were happily drinking themselves to death. Some who were younger fled to the city to try their luck there. The village itself was languishing, and half of the houses were already abandoned; a few pensioners who had remained to live out their short life still lived here. The state, essentially abandoning its obligations to pay pensions and benefits, doomed the elderly to starvation, saving the personal farmsteads that every villager had in the largest country in the world. In Borisovo there lived a boy named Demid, and he was a fool, his grandmother Lyuba did not know what diagnosis the doctors would have given her grandson if he had been examined in the hospital, she simply spoke in her hearts.