Chapter 7

Receiving the head of our blood rider felt devastating, i started to fear we would die out here that this is as far as we would reach to home

Receiving the head of our blood rider felt devastating, i started to fear we would die out here that this is as far as we would reach to home. We spent another hour waiting for one of the other riders to get back, at the sound of hooves i turn my head to see them "that is not your horse" dany states as he comes to a stop "It was given to me by the thirteen" he says jumping off "the thirteen?" i ask confused "the elders of qarth."

"Qarth?" dany asks also confused "three days to the east, on the sea." he says "will they let us in" i ask with hope in my voice "they said they would be happy to receive the mother and father of dragons" he states "what do you know of this place?" daenerys asks turning to ser jorah. "Only that the desert around their walls is called the garden of bones...everytime the quarthian shut their gates on a traveler it grows" jorah says and hearing this doesn't make me feel any better but we have to take a chance or we would all die.

After a long travel we finally make it to qarth, the walls were huge the only sign of life was coming from beyond those gates, our only chance of survival was beyond those gates.

The horde was stopped in front of the gates by a number of men marching with spears and shields like we were a threat which wasn't the case "i thought we were welcome?" daenerys asks turning to jorah "if your heard a dothraki horde was approaching your city you would do the same khaleesi" he says "i wouldn't say horde" i respond mumbling.

Then the group of soldiers break their line showing another group of men behind them dressed in fine clothing. One of the said men steps forward who looks like he could be arrogant and like his breath would stink of wine, "My name is daenerys" dany begins to speak before she is cut off by the man "daenerys stormborn and viserys of the house targaryen" he says hands resting on his belly smug smile present on his face "you know us?" i ask standing beside dany. "only by reputation young prince...they call you both the mother and father of dragons." he says "and what should we call you?" daenerys asks "my name is quite long and quite difficult for foreigners to pronounce i am simply a trader of spices."

"But we are the thirteen charged with the governance and protection of qarth, the greatest city that ever was and will ever be" hearing him say this i have to hold the urge to roll my eyes "the beauty of qwarth is legendary" dany tries to speak but he cuts her off once more "qarth" he says "qarth" dany corrects herself and i can tell she is a bit nervous on how to speak to the man one wrong word and we will be left out here.

"can we see the dragons?" this man really didn't waste time is all i could think, dany looks up to me then back at the cages "We have travelled very far sir and our people are exhausted once we see our people feed it would be no problem showing our dragons" i speak up holding eye contact with the man "forgive me father of dragons but no man had seen a living dragon, some of my more skeptical friends refuse to believe your children exist...all we ask is the chance to see for ourselves" he says and i was beginning to get frustrated but i had to keep my cool "we are no liers" dany speaks up "oh i don't think you are, but as i've never met you before my opinion on the matter is limited" he says arrogantly just like i thought he would be.

"Where i come from guests are treated with respect not insulted at the gates" daenerys says and i can see she has also grown frustrated "then perhaps you should return to where you come from" he says smile on his face and i begin to glare at him "we wish you well" he says then starts to turn around and leave "what are you doing!?" dany asks beginning to walk after him and i grab her hand to stop her from walking forward "you promised to receive us" she says "and we have received you here we are and here you are" he says as if he was the one confused "if you leave us out here we will all die" i say to him "which we shall deeply regret but qarth did not make it self the greatest city there will be by letting dothraki savages through the gates" he finishes saying and turns around to leave.

Seeing him about to leave desperation rose in both me and dany as we looked at each other, and i've noticed lately that when me and dany would look at each other no words needed to be exchanged to know what the other was thinking it was another way of communication for us. "khaleesi, my prince please be careful" jorah says to us but it is too late before dany steps forward determination on her face "Thirteen!...When our dragons are grown we will take back what was stolen from us and destroy armies who have wronged us...we will lay waste to armies and burn cities to the ground, turn us away and we will burn you first." I look at dany with great pride then back at the thirteen "on this we promise" i add to it letting them know every word was meant.

"Ah true targaryens only as you said a moment ago if we don't let you into the city you will all die" he begins to speak more until one of the other members of the thirteen speak up "Retreating in fear of a little girl is not becoming of the greatest city there ever was or will be" the man says stepping forward "the discussion is over the thirteen have spoken" the other man says "and i am one of the thirteen and i am still speaking" the man xaro says. The other man goes to retaliate some more while me and dany just look on at them and i whisper very low for only me to hear "please mother i know you're watching" i say as a silent prayer to her from the heavens. The man then trying to help us cuts his hand showing it to the rest of the thirteen showing it as a sign he vouches for us "be it on your head" the other man says before walking away.

"Welcome to qarth" Xaro says and a smile forms on my face as i squeeze danys hand, the gates open and what i see is absolutely beautiful, beginning to walk in with the horde behind us i let out a breath i didn't know i was holding.