Songs and scares

"I just don't get what it's for?" Finley mumbled to herself as she opened the door that covered a a brick wall, opening to reveal the bricks. "Like what purpose does this have?"

Leah laughed as she leant on the wall next to the door, having watched Finley for the last 2 minutes open and close the door. "You know no matter how many times you open it, what's behind it is never going to change."

Finley nodded and looked at Leah before gesturing to the door. "Yeah but like...why? Do you reckon something is behind the wall?"

"I don't know, maybe?"

Finley looked at Leah with a frown. "I should knock it down."

"You should not knock it down." Leah replied with a laugh.

"Not now, obviously!" Finley paused before looking at the blonde girl again. "Right? I can't knock a wall down now."

"You can't knock it down at all, Fin. You're renting this place."

Finley finally closed the door and threw one last glare at it. "Yeah but..I didn't realise it would be this fucking weird, man. I've got a door covering a brick wall. I've got a laundry dumper thing but I'm in a ground floor flat, like where does it go? I've got a spare bedroom which is empty except one creepy fucking portrait of a kid. And the front door has about six locks on it! Who died here?! What does it all mean?" Finley ranted as she followed Leah to the living room where the two had laid down the spare duvet and pillows that Leah had brought with her are laying on the floor, Finley's furniture running late and not getting here till tomorrow.

"It means, never am I ever staying in this place when you're not here." Leah replied as she sat down, tugging on Finley's cargo's so she followed her example, which she did.

"I'm living in the fucking house that Chucky built." Finley groaned as she lay flat on the ground, crossing her legs and looking at the ceiling.

"Shut up, man." Leah rolled her eyes as she lay down, leaning on her arm to look at the girl in front of her.

"Like first I got detained in the airport, now I'm living in Freddy Kruger's dream house."

Leah let out a loud laugh as she pushed Finley's arm and kissed the girls cheek, butterflies in her stomach fluttering when she felt the girl smile at her action. "Stop trying to get in as many horror film references as you can."

Finley turned to her with a grin. "They're all true though." The two shared a laugh between them before Finley brought her hand up and brushed the stray hairs of Leah's face. "You need to head home soon. You're a professional, I can't keep you sleeping on the floor all night."

"Nah, your floors are weirdly...squidgy. I'll be fine. I mean...if you want me to stay anyway. It's okay if you do, I'll go, it's no problem."

Finley rolled her eyes and leant up to place a kiss to Leah's lips, silencing the blonde immediately. "I want you to stay." She whispered against Leah's lips. "But great, now I have squishy floors!"

Leah laughed and sat up, crossing her legs and turning to face Finley. "If you want me to stay, you're gonna have to pay the toll."

Finley sat up with a suspicious look. "Toll? What toll?"

"The toll. You said you did music, right? I love music. I wanna learn how to play the piano. So, teach me something, and then I'll stay. I'll be all yours."

"Le, I don't even have a couch, what makes you think I have a piano here." Finley said as she stretched her arms out wide, gesturing to the empty room.

"I know that, dickhead. Just teach me something music-y" Leah clarified, sitting up ready to learn.

Finley pursed her lips. "Then you're all mine?"