Boarding & interventions

If Finley had to name one of her worst habits, it was the fact that people always caught her in embarrassing situations. The amount of times her friends caught her singing top of her voice and putting on a show when she thinks nobody is watching is climbing at a worrying rate.

"Damn papa you a rare breed, no comparing, and it's motherfucking scary," She sang to herself as she walked through the hotel corridors after going to a local chemist to restock on supplies. "Tryna keep him 'cause I found him, let a hoe know, I ain't motherfucking sharing. I could take you to the parents, then to Paris, plan a motherfucking wedding. You the type I wanna meet and keep you merry, I'll put the ring on when you're ready. We-"

"I'm sure you will!" A voice shouted, interrupting her performance. She turned around startled and tried to control her blushing when she seen Lucy standing there with a grin.

"Lucy...hi. Did you hear-"

"Yup."

"All of-"

"Mmhmm."

"Cool, cool cool cool." Finley said with a sigh, just another person to add to her list of viewers of her private concerts. "You good?" She said before clearing her throat.

"Yeah, man. I was wondering if you wanted to go boarding? I seen yours the other day, and I've always got mine. It'd be nice to not have to go on my own for once." Lucy asked.

"Yeah!" Finley jumped at the chance, so far the offers from the girls have included Shopping, working out, and watching movies, all of which she hates doing, so now someone was actually offering to do something she enjoyed - it seemed to good to be true.

"Alright, sick, lets go." Lucy motioned for Finley to lead the way.

"We've gotta make a stop off at my room first. I need to drop this off then grab my board." Finley stated as she took the lead in front of the older girl. "So, uhh, about the singing, you're not gon-"

"Tell all the girls? Yup."

"Cool, yeah, thought so. Glad we clarified."

——————————————///———————————————

"Are you sure Finley isn't gonna come back and piece together you talking to Leah?" Georgia asked Mary from her seat in the lobby, the pair of them waiting for Leah to come down and meet them.

"Yeah, trust me, Luce had been banging on all day that she was gonna get Finley to go boarding with her to Keira. Trust me, i've done the ground work."

"Obviously...wait, there she is. Le!" Georgia shouted to get Leah's attention, waving the girl over once she looked at her.

"You two ready?" Leah asked with a smile. The three had made plans to go to the cafe across the street for a coffee before dinner.

They managed to get a table relatively quick with it being a weekday and the middle of a heatwave, and as soon as the waitress took their coffee orders, Mary wasted no time.

"So...I wanna talk to you mate, and from what G says you probably won't be happy, but you've been off the last few days, so this needs to happen." Leah frowned straight away, realizing what this was about and that she'd fell into the girls trap. "What's going on Skip?"

"Nothing. Literally nothing I going on." Leah answered as she lent back in her seat and fanned herself with her hand.

"Bullshit." Georgia chimed in, sending an apologetic to the young waitress who had arrived to give them their drinks. "You've been sulking."

"Maybe because we're in the middle of a heatwave and I miss home? Or maybe I'm worried about the season coming up?" Leah replied, full of sarcasm as she had a sip of her iced coffee.