Issues & Barking

"I know something you don't know." Georgia quipped as she caught up to join Leah in the hotel corridor.

Leah glanced at her friend. "Is it how to find your off button?"

"You're funny, aren't ya?" Georgia rolled her eyes. "Anyway. Y'know McFitty that helped you with your mess of a face?"

Leah stopped walking. "It's not that bad!"

Georgia raised her eyebrows as she turned to face Leah. "Are you kidding. You look like you've gone 10 rounds with Mike Tyson. Like the young Mike Tyson. The Mike Tyson that bit peoples ears off. Let me finish anyways, I heard from a little nosey rosey—"

Leah cut Georgia off. "Beth."

"Yes Beth, now PLEASE." Georgia huffed. "I heard from a little nosey rosey that Sarina asked McFitty to come on as our medic. Now you can stare longingly into her eyes all day." She finished with a laugh.

"You really built that up didn't you." Leah said as she carried on walking.

"First of all, no, you did by interrupting me. Second, why are you acting like it's not," Georgia paused as she lowered her voice as they entered the canteen to collect some breakfast. "Like it's not great news." She finished in a quieter voice.

"Im sure it is, she seemed really nice, I'm sure she'll fit in well. And let's face it, Gerry was a bit shit."

The two sat down on an empty table as they were both late for breakfast.

"Le. C'mon."

Leah shrugged and put a slice of apple in her mouth. "What do you want me to say? She's hot yeah, but i'm not looking for anything. The Euro's are next year, Arsenal want a title, I need to be focusing right now. There's also the tiny inconvenience that Jordan keeps looking at me like we're going to get back together every time we have a conversation. How awkward would that be, man? Not just moving on, but moving on right in front of her? I can't do that."

"Mate, you can still focus on football and have a life outside of it, pack it in. As for Jordan, so what? You're not going to get in a relationship because you both play for the same team? She'd going to see when you get with someone. As much as I love her, she's going to have to get over it. You both agreed to break up, its not either of yours fault that you fell out of love. We go out on nights out and she has no problem talking to other girls, so why should you? Maybe showing an interest in someone will finally cement it for her. Plus...McFitty." Georgia paused as she had a swig if her coffee. "Also, who cares if it's 'in front' of her? Why should you not follow up on something which could be something, because you're worried about her when she has no problem doing it to you. The fact is, you were around that girl twice, and twice you went as shy as a little school girl in front of her crush. Do you think she had to come and check on you after the game? Hell no! She's the U.S medic...for now. She wanted to see you, Leah."

Leah didn't say anything in response, instead choosing to sit there in silence and shrug in response. The fact is, Georgia is right in what she's saying. Thing's with Jordan had been finished for a while now, it had been a fairly clean break-up, Leah had explained to Jordan she thinks over the years she has fell out of love. She still loves her, she's just not in-love with her anymore. Jordan had stated she agrees and feels the same, but Leah isn't so sure. Before their break up, they barely kissed, didn't date, they spent time together but they weren't touching. They hadn't had sex in god knows how long. They both had just settled. Leah didn't want to settle. She wanted that spark everytime she see's her person, no matter how long they'd been together. She wants to feel just as in love with them after 10 years that she did after 10 months. She knew she could focus on someone outside of football, but the real struggle would be balancing Jordan.

"Just keep an open mind, my little friend. That's all I'm saying." Georgia finished.

————————————-•••——————————————

"I MIGHT LINK MY TING FROM BARKING 7AM IN THE MORNING, SHE'S CALLIN IM YAWNIN SHE'S JARRIN NO STALLIN!" Finley shouted out.

Today was cleaning day. And cleaning day meant singing along to music at the top of her voice to power her through it. Dancing around with the brush she used to it to sweep away any mess on the ground, thankful that due to camp she hasn't actually made more mess.

Knowing what part of the song was coming up she dropped the brush and jumped on the sofa, grabbing the remote to use as a makeshift microphone as she swayed her hips in time with the beat.

"I'm Icey, I got a tick from my head to my feet that's Nike. And that's pricey, You see them guys over there they ain't like me. I got a Portuguese ting not wifey She said my temper's tiny, I got two different worlds like Miley. You hit me up that's unlikely, But I walked in the room with a fresh trim, Showing my Colgate teeth. Yeah they're looking at me, Saying "can I get a pic for the 'Gram, just like AJ T"No wonder they hate on me, Cause I'm making P's and they see these clothes Yeah I get 'em for free." Finley paused for breath before again belting out. "I might link my ting from barking,"

"Fin!"

Finley turned around as quick as she could, immediately turning red when she seen two of her best friends standing at the door with their hands over their mouths trying to contain their laughter. Fishing her phone out of her pocket she pressed pause on her Apple Music before hopping off the couch.

"Just exactly how long were you standing there?"

"Long enough, man." Her friend, Meghan said before cutting herself off with her own laughter.

"You know what, I'm not even sorry. I was fucking smashing that." Finley said, doing an over the top hair flick.

"Bro you can sing, but you know what you can't do? Rap. So don't. Did you just forget we were coming over or nah?" Her other friend, Max, asked as he went straight to her fridge.

"No I obviously timed this performance for your entrance. Of course I forgot." Finley said as she ushered Max out the fridge and shutting it after him.

"Children, please!" Meghan shouted from her seat of the sofa. "Come join me."

Max and Finley playfully shoved each other to the sofa and threw themselves down.

"Now, Miss Dixon. I do declare, you've avoided adult stuff for far too long. What's happening with the job offer?" Meghan asked as she crossed her legs.

Finley ran her hand threw her hair and leant back on the sofa with a huff. "I honestly have no idea. Like one hand, this is the England Lionesses, y'know? They're the best of the best. But on the other hand...this is my home...I moved to the U.S to pursue work, and I got what I wanted."

"On a part time contract." Max interjected.

"Do you want me gone or something?" Finley snapped back. "Yes for a shitty part time contract...but I'm young, there's a lot more senior medics than me with more experience, of course they have to put them first."

Max stood up and clapped his hands together. "Right, fuck this. Fin, listen, I love you, so so much. I'd have you stay here forever if I could. But you're destined for stuff far better than a part time position a couple of times a year. You're amazing at what you do. And Sarina whatsherface obviously see's that. Because there's always gonna be people with more experience and more senior...but she wants you. Plus," Max paused and bent down to his knees in front of Finley, taking her hands in his. "Think of all the hot girls you can introduce me to."

"Bruh, you were doing so well an you just shat on it." Meghan groaned.

Finley was silent for a minute before she wrapped her arms around Max's neck and moved closer to place a kiss on his forehead. "Love you." She said as she lent forward and wrapped him in a hug, his broad shoulders doing well to muffle her quiet sniffles.