Chapter XLII: Poison Ivy

July 27 2022

An ambulance along with firefighter trucks were outside Woodrue enterprises as paramedics escorted Pamela and Jason out of the building while they were strapped on a gurney. The paramedics got them inside the ambulance and closed the doors. The driver began driving towards Gotham General Hospital to bring them for treatment while firefighters were controlling the fire from the building.

Meanwhile at the Manor. Alex, Joseph and Colby were eating some sandwiches while talking to each other about their lives and more until Joseph got up from the sofa and his best friend said something to him.

Colby: Where are you going bro?

Joseph: Back to patrolling. Savage is gonna be mad if we aren't on duty.

Colby: When was the last time Savage did something? All he does is run his mouth and sit in his office, drinking beer.

Joseph: Yeah but we can't say anything to him. He's the commissioner.

Colby: [Sighs] Your right about that. Well Alex, see you later.

Joseph: Take care of yourself, brother.

Alex: You too.

The detectives left the manor as Alex was sitting by the couch as he put his headphones on and began listening to Peyton and Billie's song.

Some time has passed and the song was over as he played the song again and continued listening to it while looking at the city through the window. It was raining heavily and lightning continued to flash in the sky as heavy wind was blowing around the city.

Three hours have passed and Alex continued listening to more songs until he heard the main door being opened as Ambrose saw Joel walking towards the living room and he said something to him.

Alex: Where were you?

Joel: Board meeting. Talking about fiance and upcoming projects for future developments in Gotham. I nearly fell asleep during the meeting.

Alex: Your back home now. Rest up for a little bit.

Joel: Yeah I'll do that. I'm surprised your not patrolling today. What's the matter?

Alex: I just want to rest up and heal my body. Besides things have gone quiet right now but it always gives me a bad feeling that something bad is gonna happen.

Joel: Your right about that. The last few months have been chaotic. We have to be ready incase of anything happening.

Alex: Right. By the way, here's a sandwich and soda.

Ambrose gave his uncle the sandwich and soda as he smiled at him and took it as both of them sat down on the couch and Joel opened the television as Alex said something to him.

Alex: So what are we watching?

Joel: Well we are watching 28 days later.

Alex: I love that movie. Was planning on rewatching it but didn't have the time.

Joel: [Chuckles] Well now we got some time.