Chapter X: Final Stand

March 7 2022

Alex was inside the batwing as he was flying towards the batcave. Eventually he saw the waterfall which had a hidden entrance that will lead him to the cave. He flew through the waterfall as he was inside the batcave and landed on the helipad as he exited the aircraft and began walking towards the batcomputer.

He removed his mask and placed it on the table as he was looking at the computer until Alex heard footsteps as he turned around and saw Joel.

Joel: Alex, are you alright?

Alex: I'm fine.

Ambrose was analysing the city to see where Bane was last spotted as Joel said something to him.

Joel: You need to eat something. You haven't eaten in a while.

Alex:. . . . If you hadn't called the police, Bane would have been in custody.

Joel: Alex, I did it to save you.

Alex: I had it under control.

Joel: Oh really? Bane tossing you around in the hotel is your way of saying, I had it under control.

Alex was silent as he was gonna walk away until Joel stopped him as he spoke to him.

Joel: Your not going anywhere. You have broken bones and you need rest.

Alex: I already told you, I'm fine.

Joel: Alex, I am not letting you get yourself killed again.

Alex: Then what do you want me to do?! Sit around and do nothing while Bane destroys Gotham? Is that what you want me to do?!

Joel was silent as Alex was looking at batcomputer as he said something to him.

Joel: You know, I also made a promise to Steven and Laura. To look after you and take care of you.

Alex was silent as he began having memories of Mia screaming for his name before the house burned down, memories of the house invasion and memories of Chloe hating him for the death of Steven and Laura. Ambrose closed his eyes in anger as he said something to Joel.

Alex: I'm weak Joel. . . . Way too weak. I don't know if I can beat Bane.

Joel: Your not weak. Your stronger then you think you are.

Alex was silent as Joel was holding Ambrose's shoulder and spoke to him.

Joel: It's time you realise you are a man, not an island. A man's strength comes not from just brawn and intelligence but also from his allies.

Alex was silent as he began having memories of what happened many years ago.

Many years ago [Past Sequence]

It was raining heavily in Gotham as lightning began to flash in the sky. A young Alex was sitting at the Gotham City Police Department as he had tears on his face. Two days after the death of Steven and Laura, Chloe blamed Alex for their deaths and told him that ever since they adopted him, bad things happened to them.

Alex couldn't take it and ran away from the manor and after a few hours, some officers found him and took him to GCPD where they contacted Joel to pick him up.

Alex was sitting at the bench crying until he heard footsteps as he looked in front of him and saw Joel.

Joel saw Alex and immediately hugged him as Ambrose was crying until Joel said something to him.

Joel: Alex. Thank god, your alright. I was worried about you.