Chapter XLI: Thorns

July 27 2022

The time was five twenty three p

The time was five twenty three p.m. Three days have passed since Peyton went to Sydney to meet her family. Her family were happy to see her and even checked up on her to see if she was alright. They were worried about her after the incident with Scarecrow along with many more incidents that have been happening for the last few months.

Right now, Peyton was at her room as she just came back home after spending time with her family in the park. She was on her laptop as Royce was looking through her business.

 She was on her laptop as Royce was looking through her business

Peyton: So far, so good. Just need to think of new products and add it in the business.

She continued looking through the laptop until Royce saw a incoming video call from Billie as she answered the call and saw Kay smiling at her as she spoke to her.

Billie: Hey Peyton!

Peyton: Hey Billie, how's everything going for you?

Billie: It's going well. It's just boring without you.

Peyton: [Smiles] Why don't you watch some TV or maybe play some games?

Billie: Without my best friend and sister. I can't do any of those, it's just not that fun without you.

Peyton: Don't worry sis, I'll be back very soon.

Billie: I already miss you sis. Its been so quiet in Gotham since you left.

Peyton: Atleast hang out with Scarlett, Zelina and Leah.

Billie: I thought about it but they also left Gotham too. Scarlett went back to Metropolis to stay with her family, Zelina moved to Central City for her new project that she was working on and Leah moved to Star City to open up her new business.

Peyton: Oh I see. Well all we can say is good luck for them in the near future and hope everything goes well for them.

Billie: I agree on that sis. So how have you been?

Peyton: I'm doing alright. Had a long talk with my family and we even went to the park. It was relaxing and fun.

Billie: That's good to hear sis.