Chapter 34

Hey!

I am sorry for the ghosting!

The next few chapters I had written before were just not hitting at all. I had a friend of mine read it for me because I thought they "okay", but not completely what I wanted. She thought it was a bit confusing and after re-reading it, I agreed with her. I had to sit down, trash those chapters, and come up with something better. 

Hopefully this path I'm taking for this book will be a lot better.

I will be posting another chapter before this month ends.

I will also be posting announcements about this book and upcoming project of mine that I know y'all will be excited about in a few minutes. If your interested in it, please read. 

Hope y'all enjoy and let me know what y'all think!

BYE!!!!!

-

-

-

-

Axel POV:

I watched as Aurora devoured her plate of pork dumplings. Hands easily handling the tiny pair of chopsticks, she picked up the hefty dough and dunk into a bowl of dark sauce. Her gaze was glued onto her food, watching as the dough darkened and absorbed. "You're staring."

"I'm horny."

It took a moment for my words to register. She blinked down at her food, slow and confused as she tore her gaze from the dumpling. Lazily swirling the dumpling around, brows furrowed in confusion, my mate glanced up at me. "Axel," Aurora huffed, "How are you still-"

"I'm very attracted to you." I drawled out smoothly, "You don't know how much I want to fuck-"

"Anyway!" Aurora loudly interrupted. She shoved the dumpling into her mouth, her gaze bouncing around her plates of food. I patiently waited for her to finish chewing, watching as her jaw quickly worked to chew up her food. Picking up a sushi roll, Aurora finally swallowed. "You've been busy."

"I have." I agreed. "And I am sorry."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"There's a problem regarding my territory." I carefully began. I didn't want to frighten her too much about what's going on. She was still unfamiliar with most things that went on in my life, at least the dangerous parts of it. "Someone is experimenting on demons. We're still trying to figure out what exactly is being done to, but we do know that the experience is causing them to explode."

"Explode?" She squeaked.

"Yup." I nodded, "Hopefully we'll get to the bottom of this soon. I miss spending time with you."

Her smile grew into a bashful grin, "I miss spending time with you too."

I could remember when there was a time that words couldn't phase me. When I watched humans confess their love to each other, disgusted by their display, I could never phantom doing it myself.

And here I am.

Watching as my mate shyly glanced down at her food, obviously giddy over the words we shared.

The warmth I feel towards Aurora was unmatched. It was something I've never felt before. A feeling that I've quickly grown addicted too. Whether I'm actually in her presence or I'm just thinking about her,

"Stop staring, Axel." Aurora grumbled, "Your food is going to get cold."

"My food will be fine."

Reaching across the table, Aurora easily grabbed a piece of my orange chicken from its pile with her chopsticks. She settled back into her spot, popping the chicken into her mouth. "It's getting cold."