35 | SKELETONS & SWORDS & STEALING, OH MY!

*ੈ✩‧₊˚𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗬-𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘: 𝗦𝗞𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗧𝗢𝗡𝗦 & 𝗦𝗪𝗢𝗥𝗗𝗦 & 𝗦𝗧𝗘𝗔𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗚, 𝗢𝗛 𝗠𝗬!

"𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐊?"

It had been about thirty minutes since you entered the game, and neither you nor your aggravating companions had spotted anyone. After having foiled your plan to escape, Phinks and Feitan dragged you off through the meadow and to a nearby forest. Lush with plants and the soft chittering of creatures, it was a nice change of pace from the Troupe's dingy hideout.

But as much as it was pleasant, a few facts remained: you were still kidnapped, and Chuntaro's safety was still jeopardised.

That said, just because you didn't see anyone didn't mean you couldn't sense them. You were certain people were hanging about, hidden somewhere amongst the greenery or using Zetsu to conceal their presence.

Phinks sighed, waving his hand as if he were swatting away a fly. "Permission granted."

"Can..." you hesitated, "Can one of you remove my heels?" It was embarrassing to ask, but with the reality of your current circumstances, the last thing you wanted was to continue hiking in high heels. "It'd make the whole experience a lot more manageable."

Phinks snorted, amused by your request. "You do realise we kidnapped you, right?" he teased, turning around to face you since he'd been leading the way. "Although, now that you mention it, you're not exactly dressed for the occasion, are you?" He huffed out air through his nose and took in your formal attire: a black silky dress, long coat and high heels—all of which would be hindrances in the long run. "Ugh, fine, Feitan, take off her heels."

Feitan nodded, sharpening his nails as he approached you ominously. "Which heel should I start with?"

You quirked up an eyebrow, dubious of his sinister delivery. "Why'd you say it like that?"

"Who cares, man, just hurry up—" Phinks' eyes widened, full of panic, as he quickly added, "Her shoes, Feitan! Shoes! Not her actual heels!"

"Oh." Feitan stopped in his tracks, a bit puzzled. "You said take off her heels, so I thought—"

"H-HOLY SHIT, I ALMOST LOST MY HEELS!" you shrieked, stumbling backwards into the tree behind you. "WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!"

Feitan shrugged and answered, "You didn't specify."

"THERE SHOULDN'T BE A NEED TO SPECIFY!" both you and Phinks shouted vehemently.

Ignoring you two, Feitan bent down and stared blankly at your high heels as if they were some medieval torture device. And as much as he loved torturing people, he hadn't encountered this sort of contraption before. For what possible reason would you need them? Phinks had said they were a type of shoe, but from his perspective, they looked far from their supposed function.