34 | HOODWINKED

ੈ✩‧₊˚𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗬-𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥: 𝗛𝗢𝗢𝗗𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗞𝗘𝗗

"𝐈𝐒 𝐊𝐔𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐈𝐊𝐀 𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐀𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏?" you whispered, poking your head inside Leorio's hotel room. It was the following day, and he and Melody, who had dropped by not too long ago, were monitoring him.

Leorio looked over his shoulder at you. "Yeah, but thankfully, he seems much better than yesterday," he replied. "That said, when I first checked him this morning, his face and ears were redder than usual, but he's cooled down since then."

Redder? I wonder why...Well, I'm glad he's alright now.

"Thank goodness," you breathed a sigh of relief. "Also, I just got an ominous text from Killua to come to his and Gon's room, so if you don't hear from me in the next 24 hours, assume something terrible's happened and prepare my funeral. Thanks."

He snorted in amusement. "You'll be missed."

"My thoughts and prayers are with you," Melody joined in.

Clasping your hands together, you did a quick mumble of prayer and saluted your friends before embarking on your journey to the cavern of no return, aka Gon and Killua's room—Lord have mercy. As the door to Leorio's room closed behind you, the bespectacled teen heard an incoherent murmur from his side.

"C-Come back..." Kurapika whimpered in his sleep, clutching tight fistfuls of the blanket.

Leorio frowned, concerned. "Kurapika..."

"Y-Y/N," the blonde unconsciously whispered. Leorio touched his friend's forehead to check his temperature, only to have his hand grasped. "You're here...?"

Leorio raised an eyebrow. "Can you let go?"

The blonde stirred awake. "Is that you, Y/N?"

Not wanting to yell at the patient, Leorio forced a smile. "Kurapika, I need my hand back."

"But... it's so warm," Kurapika mumbled, squeezing Leorio's hand.

"That's nice." Leorio's right eye twitched slightly. "But I'm not Y/N."

Kurapika rubbed the sleep from his eyes, clearing his vision. "Oh, it's just you, Leorio."

"JUST ME―"

"What time is it?" Kurapika asked tiredly, unintentionally cutting off Leorio—something the bespectacled teen would argue otherwise.

"It's 2 pm," Melody said, glancing at her watch.

"Is that so?" he murmured, "Where's the boss? What about the underground auction?"

"It ended up being cancelled," she answered. "The rest of the merchandise will be auctioned online. The boss accepted that."