30 | ANOTHER YEAR CLOSER TO DEATH

*ੈ✩‧₊˚𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗬: 𝗔𝗡𝗢𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗬𝗘𝗔𝗥 𝗖𝗟𝗢𝗦𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗢 𝗗𝗘𝗔𝗧𝗛

𝐒𝐄𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝐒𝐓

Ivlenkov stole a glance at his watch. "𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓."

He, along with the other two bodyguards, Tocino and Baise, were on the move, navigating through the auction house to locate their seats. As far as the three could see from their seats, it was a sea of formal suits and lavish dresses.

Everyone was busily chatting since the stage was empty, only containing a podium in the centre and a small microphone with a projector in the back. But before long, a relatively short, dark-haired male emerged from the curtains on the side and stepped onto the stage.

Following his appearance was a much more prominent figure whose entire presence was impossible to ignore even if you tried. Clad in neat black formal attire, they approached the podium and drew everyone's focus.

The shorter male leaned closer to the microphone. "Okay..." he trailed off, garnering everyone's attention. "Welcome, everyone."

The crowd grew quiet, now listening intently to his words. The bidding would soon be underway, and these insanely rich business people would no longer have to hold their tongues or wallets back from lavish spending. Money was indeed a weapon at the end of the day. And the snobbish, shady, ambitious bidders were more than happy to brandish such an affluent power.

However, what they thought would be an uncomplicated night of burning holes in their pockets, due to their eagerness, would turn out to be much more literal. If only they knew.

While inching closer to the microphone, the man's smokey eyes became half-lidded with what appeared to be a sadistic glint. "I think I'll skip the formalities."

On that command, the more prominent figure behind him, Franklin, brought his hands out from behind his back, emanating a pale yellow glow. All ten of his fingertips suddenly popped off from the rest of his fingers, clinking with a metallic chain-like sound that revealed ten holes, all like the barrel of a gun. 

Feitan, who knew what would come, covered his ears firmly with his hands to block out any noise.

Unable to make sense of the sight before them, everyone in the audience, including Tocino, Baise and Ivlenkov, gaped in horror. Despite knowing there'd assumedly be trouble and purpose for being there in the first place, the bodyguards certainly weren't expecting it to come in the form of who they thought were two auctioneers.

"Die."

As soon as that word left Franklin's mouth, he expelled aura from his fingers in the form of bullets, rapidly firing at the crowd of people. It was an onslaught. A non-stop onslaught that had people dropping like flies everywhere you looked.