05 | ARE YOU FRIGHTENED?

*ੈ✩‧₊˚𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘: 𝗔𝗥𝗘 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗙𝗥𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧𝗘𝗡𝗘𝗗?

"𝐈𝐓 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐁𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐄𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐅𝐔𝐂𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐎𝐆!"

Tilting his head, Kurapika's eyes jovially glimpsed at you. "Y/N, Satotz can't hear you from here."

It hadn't even been forty minutes since Satotz had led you all into the wetlands, and here you were theatrically complaining every five minutes about how you were in grave danger, that evil was lurking around every corner, how your stomach churned uncomfortably and how Kurapika and Leorio were too hot for you to be around. You, as well as your brain cells, were slowly withering away.

"Oh no, it seems like I won't be able to go on," you dramatically hollered, fanning yourself with one hand.

Musing at your antics, despite his exhaustion, Kurapika snickered. "Come on; you can do it."

"I'm afraid I cannot go any further," you woefully lamented, "it appears my body is riddled with a dismal void that cannot be mended!" On cue, you begin to tear up. "IF ONLY A CERTAIN EXAMINER WOULD DO SOMETHING!"

Quirking a brow at your behaviour, Leorio pursed his lips. "You know the examiners aren't meant to help us, right?"

"Leorio, sweetheart," you drawled with a fake smile, your once tearful state waning. "I didn't ask for your unsightly opinion."

"Pffft," Kurapika snorted, hastily hiding from Leorio's fiery stare. "Right, well, anyway, there's something I've been curious about," the blonde hesitantly relayed, "specifically, the sorts of creatures Satotz referred to when he said we needed to be careful...."

Acknowledging his concern, you bite the inside of your cheek. "I just hope I give off the vibe to all animals that I am their ally and friend."

"Yeah, I'm not so sure about that," Leorio reckoned, his forehead creasing as he sincerely pondered.

Scoffing loudly, you glanced at him from your peripheral vision. "Well, at least I don't look like the kind of guy who's allergic to cats."

"You didn't just go there," Leorio melodramatically gasped.

"Oh, I went there," you slowly articulated, letting every word hang in the air.

Flicking his eyes between the two of you, Kurapika was caught in the middle of your feud. Quite literally. The blonde was running between you two, trying his best to tune out your theatrical disorder, but it was inevitably hopeless. 

Coughing lightly to break the tension, Kurapika got momentarily distracted by his efforts and accidentally tripped over a tree root, bumping into you.

"Whoops, sorry, Y/N!" Kurapika earnestly apologised, glancing over your form. "Are you okay?"