02 | KIDNAPPED BY A FURRY

ੈ✩‧₊˚𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗢: 𝗞𝗜𝗗𝗡𝗔𝗣𝗣𝗘𝗗 𝗕𝗬 𝗔 𝗙𝗨𝗥𝗥𝗬

"𝐈 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐈'𝐌 𝐆𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓."

Kurapika scoffed at your dramatics. "You're not dying, Y/N."

"I may as well be."

Slumped over the ship's railing, your face was visibly ill, whilst your eyes had become soulless pits that burrowed into the ocean's lapping waves emotionlessly. Kurapika's face softened; your sluggish form must've genuinely concerned him. 

But it wasn't just Kurapika who worried for you. No, because all the other examinees on board had seemingly made it their mission to steer clear of you.

If you looked closer, you looked like a walking corpse. In Kurapika's mind, you somewhat resembled someone who had either digested a deadly python or was severely traumatised by the harsh reality of war. 

Or a weird mixture of both. He couldn't tell. But that was beside the point. Whatever your face looked like, it was not a pretty sight.

Earlier, you had preached about not feeling a single ounce of seasickness. Unfortunately, you were proven wrong very quickly. After battling through the raging storm and having the looming hunter exam reappear in your mind, those two factors soon began to nauseate your body, ultimately leading you to your current predicament.

It was like God was desperately trying to mess with you in some twisted way. Fortunately, before you could cave in and throw yourself overboard, Gon happily bounded over to you and foiled your plans.

He beamed up at you. "Y/N, I have good news!"

"Oh...did they decide to cancel the Hunter Exam?"

Gon shook his head, his smile remaining intact.

"No? Well, did you at least find someone to marry me?"

He shook his head once more. "Nope! Even better, we've finally arrived!"

"Gon," you paused dramatically. "That's not good news. That's God's way of letting me know that I will be six feet under very soon."

Gon's eyes twinkled with curious interest. "Wow, I didn't know that you and God knew each other like that?"

"We don't."

In response to your blunt dismissal, Kurapika muffled his amusement by stifling his laughter behind his hand. Wow, that's adorable.

With all that said and done, the ship had finally arrived at Dolle Harbour. All eager to get off the boat, you, Gon, Kurapika and Leorio were soon on your way, but not before thanking the captain for his service. Stretching your limbs, you basked in Dolle Harbour's sunny weather whilst admiring the bustling atmosphere of townsfolk and other fellow examinees.