Chapter 9: Hard goodbyes

Start from the beginning

And while I was engrossed in, shamelessly checking him out, he said something that brought my entire world crushing down on my shoulders.

"You are fired" He said. His voice calm and firm, as if he hasn't just snatched away the happiness that Noah brought in my life.

"Now get the fuck out of here" He added and that was when I lost it as my eyes brimmed with tears. It's alright if he didn't want to keep me employed as his son's nanny anymore, but that doesn't means that he has to be so fucking rude and mean to me.

I blushed, feeling way too embarrassed as tears ran down my cheeks and I had to bit down on my lower lip to stop myself from sobbing, before wiping my tears off with the back of my hand and rushing out of his study.

I ran downstairs and almost stumbled down the stairs but held the railing of the stairs for support and somehow managed to not go tumbling down the stairs.

I planned on running straight out of the house of that mad, arrogant man, who thinks that he owns everything and everybody, but stopped dead in my tracks when I heard Noah giggling and making his usual baby voices, that he makes whenever he sees me, it's as if he talks to me in his own baby language, which of course only he, himself understands.

I turned around only to see him crawling towards me in a haste, as if he wanted to reach to me as quick as his little legs could get him.

Gosh! How am I supposed to manage without him now? When he has already managed to claim my heart by his innocence and cuteness?

I glanced up and saw one of the house helps standing a few steps away from us. She must have left him on the floor as he must have seen me and tried to wiggle out of her arms.

I looked down at the innocent creature, through my blurred vision, who now sat just near my feet and was looking up at me, excited while throwing his hands up and down in the air, asking me to take him in my arms.

I smiled looking at his angelic smile and the innocence on his face and a moment later his smile fell off as he got impatient when I just stared at him instead of picking him up in my arms.

Little does he know that we are never going to see each other, ever again? Which makes me wonder if he'll miss me? Just as much as I'll miss him? Will he wonder where I have suddenly disappeared?

What am I even thinking!? He's just a little baby, he'll forget me in no time.

I snapped out of my thoughts hearing Noah's sheer cry, which was obviously because I haven't picked him up yet and was making him wait way too long for this little guy's liking.

I chuckled before taking a crying Noah in my arms and holding him close to my heart and he instantly stopped crying.

I took a deep breath, inhaling his baby scent, which has recently turned my favorite scent in the entire world.

I just stood there, holding him close, I was leaving as it is, might as well cherish the last moments that I have with him.

A moment later, I placed a kiss on his temple before gesturing the house help, who was earlier holding Noah, to come forward.

"I love you, my baby" I whispered into his ear while caressing his soft hair.

"Goodbye, Noah" I added before looking up at the house help who seemed to be confused by the scene unfolding before her.

"Please take him to his nursery" I requested while reluctantly handing him over to her and as if he sensed what I was doing, he started crying again while advancing his little hands towards me as the house help started walking away with him, without paying any attention to his heartfelt cries.