Lone Wolf Pt.3

Slight Angst
Warnings: Mentions of Child abuse and panic attacks

"Wednesday, are you sure I can stay here?" I ask my newly developed girlfriend of three weeks, getting out of her family's black hearse, a nervous feeling bubbling in my chest as I look up at the mansion, I had come here many times during my summer break after my first term at Nevermore Academy, but this would be my first time showing up as her girlfriend, and my anxiety was through the roof.

"Yes of course Cara Mia, my family love you and is willing to let you stay until Principal Weems gets out of the hospital," Wednesday assures me softly, her neutral expression on her face as she stands next to me, taking my hand in hers, squeezing it lightly as her thumb runs along the back of my hand, easing my nerves for the time being.

"What if I do something weird?" I ask her, refusing to move from my spot, still stuck in place as Lurch took my one suitcase from the trunk. I wasn't staying with Larrissa long, only during spring break, and all of my other stuff was back at Nevermore, and unfortunately, my dorm was on the side that got burned, meaning I had a light load of clothes and essentials to live by with.

"What do you mean Ma Chere?" She questions sweetly, her other hand twirling my hair around her slender pale finger, looking at my locks with fascination.

"What if my mannerisms aren't good? Like, what if I do something rude without meaning to? What if I do something that refers to my werewolf behaviour on accident, you know I can't help growling or sometimes I whine." I point out to her worriedly, subconsciously drumming my fingers along the back of Wednesday's hand.

"My family don't mind a little bit of weirdness, you know this my darling, you're just overthinking it," she speaks calmly, her fingers tangling through my soft, fluffy hair, her nails light scratching my scalp, and I immediately relax into her, "Good puppy," she praises me when she scratches my sweet spot, "you're safe here," she coos quietly in a tender voice, making my heart swell with love for as she massages my scalp a moment longer before releasing me, her other hand still intertwined with mine. "Lurch will have taken your bags up to my room, where you will be staying at night."

"They'd let me sleep next to you?" I ask her curiously, a little surprised as from all the movies I saw thanks to Enid and Larissa, parents were never too fond of their teenage kid alone in a room, with their love interest. Wednesday's eyes lock onto my lips before her pupil's glance back up to my eyes, making me feel tingly from the subtle action.

"Thinking like that already, hmm?" She teases me, her expression blank but her tone laced with amusement, I furrow my brows, cocking my head to the side in curiosity.

"Thinking like what?" I inquired innocently, I was genuinely unsure of what she meant, I had been by myself so long without modern society surrounding me, and I never understood dirty jokes or normal teenage humour, something Enid would often teach me about, she had said she was going to teach me 'dirty talk' lingo, but thanks to the school on lockdown, I won't learn that until next school year.

"Are you serious?" My girlfriend looked surprised, her expression softening ever so slightly, "Did Principal Weems not let you out when you were younger?" She jokes lightly, but it honestly feels like a punch to my gut, I was still yet to open up to Wednesday about my true past, the only thing she knew was that I was the largest werewolf to attend Nevermore. Nothing more, and nothing less, meaning students such as herself knew me as the principal's daughter, my story was that I came back from being abroad as I had joined the second year of high school mid-term.

"Uhm... Yes, what does that mean? 'Thinking like that'?" I interrogate her quietly, she merely shakes her head lightly, chuckling softly to herself before leaning over to place a small kiss on my cheek, which makes my body warm from the sweet gesture.

"I'll explain it later," she tells me nicely, scratching under my chin before beginning to walk, leaving me to lean in after her, liking the attention to my chin, not realising she's getting me closer to her house,