Drunk Phone Call ✍️📜

I stumble out of the club, giggling to myself as I hug my friends goodbye, wishing them a safe journey home as their cab pulls up, the crisp night air stings my exposed arms as goosebumps form to protect me from the bitter cold as I wave them off, once the cab drives off out of sight I fumble around for a few minutes in the small bag I brought with me, searching for something with clumsy hands. I eventually managed to get a good grip on the small device, pulling it out from the darkness of my bag, my eyes immediately squint from the brightness my phone screen offers, having gotten used to the dim lighting of the nightclub, the time displays 3:48 AM, a time I barely register as my face ID doesn't work, making me huff in frustration as I lean against the wall of the club building for support of my sluggish frame.

It takes me a good minute just to put in my password, I was a little surprised that it didn't lock from the number of times I put in the wrong code, but I cheer to myself rather loudly when I get it right, earning a few stares from bystanders as my thumb hovers over the screen on the search for the contact app. I begin to slouch slightly like an old man as I get lost in the search, the buzz of the alcohol is pounding in my veins, and I feel awake and alive, yet tired and burned out all at once. I manage to bring up a list of contacts, having very few as it's just close friends and family, but when I see the familiar nickname I smile, taking a deep breath to steady myself before hitting the name, hoping to God I dialled the right person.

Dailing "Puppers 🥰💖🐺"

"Yello!" I say enthusiastically into the speaker of the phone, happy to see that I did dial the right person as I see their name at the top of the call. I decided to start walking, swaying a little as I took small steps at a time, the world was seemingly harder to navigate at the moment, but I waited patiently, yet impatiently for the familiar chirp of the caller ID's voice to ring out, but it never comes.

"Hello, this is Enid's phone, who is this?" A soft-spoken, yet gruff feminine woman speaks. I immediately side-eye the phone, and a feeling of defence comes to mind, having no idea who, or what this woman was, I begin turning my phone around in my hand, inspecting the device closely in hopes of gaining some insight into the caller.

"Who are you, and where the fuck is Enid?" I ask my words a blur in my rush of harshness.

"Speak slower," the stranger snaps, yet her voice never lost its femineity.

"Why did you call me?" I questioned her, completely forgetting my original intent for this phone call.

"You called my roommate's phone?" She says, her voice sounding confused with a hint of irritation.

"Did I?" I said aloud, meaning only for me to hear, but it was a lot clearer to the person on the phone than I had hoped. I can hear a long irritable sigh on the other end, and it clicks in my brain, "I did!" I say cheerfully, proud of myself for remembering as I hold my phone up to my face like a microphone. "So anygays" I say, forgetting the English language in my excitement, "Who is you?" I inquire with a slur, hoping to learn who I'm currently speaking to.

"Did you just say? Never mind" I hear her murmur to herself, "I'm Wednesday, Wednesday Addams." She introduces herself calmly, "And who might you be?" She questions.

"I'm Bond, James Bond," I say in a serious British accent, I then burst into a fit of giggles, "I'm just messing with you, I'm Y/n," I say in a happy sigh after my laughter, but then I stop abruptly, "Wait Wednesday?" I ask, repeating her name repeatedly, I tap my chin, trying to recall.

My small steps came to a stop, almost at the corner of the sidewalk I hadn't gotten far, but it sure felt like I walked a marathon. I was still on my high, the cold no longer bothering me as I worked hard to figure out why this girl's name was so familiar to me. "Yes? Why have you called?" Her voice captures my short attention span once again, making me chuckle for no reason at all.