Chapter twelve: Not everyone is who we thought they were.

"Oh and I haven't told you the best part yet.."
I couldn't believe there was more.
"The day Marcus and Stephanie were in the woods Steph was in a hurry to leave to go find Scott. Maybe Marcus wouldn't have been found dead if you hadn't left him alone."

It was almost unbelievable.

"All those hours you left us blaming Leo for putting the idea in his head. When in fact it was your negligence. And Leo? Leo allowed you to blame him mercilessly." Mia said angrily.
"Get out of my house." Theo calmly commanded.
"Let me explain..." Stephanie said tearfully.
"Get the fuck out of my house!" Shouted Theo this time.
"I'm sorry..." It was Stephanie's last words before she ran away one last time.
"So...are you in?" Levi asked.
"I am." Said Mia.
"Me too." Said Leo.
"We all are." Jun stood up and said.
"Great, so let the investigation begin." I said.

{-}

October 30th, 2019
16:41

Two days had passed in silence and we had no clue from where to start
"There's been like two days and we are just sitting here without a clue what to do." Sebastian said boringly.
"Have you told Mr. George?" Leo asked.
"No.." I said hesitantly.
"Then.. How did you find out about all these things without him?" Mia asked confused.
"Uhm.." I hesitated again.
"She payed the guy." Levi said comfortably while he was eating chips.
"What!? You PAYED him? How much?!" asked Peter.
"Mm.. Around 20k." Levi answered.
"Okay that's enough.." I said.

We weren't taking the investigation seriously and that was the problem. We were just waiting for the solution to come itself.

"Were do we even start?" Theo complained.
"We can check Ellies' cameras." Jun said.
We looked at each other and all got up and headed to my house.
"Good job Jun, you said something smart for the first time in your life." Peter said and tapped him in the back.

We ran outside and suddenly Nadia called me.
"Hey I was about to call you." I said and opened the door to Levis car.
"Where the hell are you? Our house is filled with cops!" She said anxiously.

My heart was beating fast. What were the cops doing to my house? Why were they there?

"What are you talking about? Are you for real?" I asked and stood there.
"Give me a second to pull over and see what is going on okay?"
"Okay."
"Lyn"! Get in the car we got to go." Levi commanded.
"Wait a second!" I yelled.
"What happened?" Mia asked me.
"My sister called and said my house is filled with cops.." I answered.
"Is she still on the phone? Put her on speaker."
"Celyn? You still there?" She sounded mad this time.
"Yes! Im still here!"
"You're screwed!" She screamed.
I looked at Mia and then got in the car.

{-}

The first I saw when I arrived outside my house was Mr. George taking notes and when he saw me he got unbelievably mad.
He started to approach and said.

"It takes a lot of stupidity to do something like that! For Gods sake, pay to experiment to my sons body?!" He yelled turning his face red.
"Excuse you?" I said and furrowed my brows.
"You know I can take you to jail for examining a body without a degree? I can actually take you to jail for a lot of things. Even for his murder if you want so bad to know why all this happened!" He kept yelling.
"The fuck you can't, she has cameras all over her house! There's proof that we didn't do it!" Levi said getting in front of me getting face to face with Mr. George.

"Look who showed up! Now I'm scared! Don't let me get started with your dad, not that you're any better! Tell me, Levi. Did he beat your ass when you got home? I was the one that called him just to be sure of that.." He said in a whisper way with a smirk of pleasure on his face.
I went next to Levi and he had this look on his face that I've never seen him make.
"You motherfucker!" He said and threw him on the ground.
Before he could hit him Leo and Theo grabbed him off.
"Stop it, men! You're gonna get your self in trouble!" Theo said and fixed Levis shirt.
"His not worth it." said Leo.

Mr. George got up still having this grin on his face.
"Now! Ms. Flores you are under arrest! You have the right to remain silent. Everything you say can and will be used against you!" He said and turned me around and stuck my head to the cars window aggressively.
"What are you doing? I didn't do anything!" I screamed helpless.

"I dare you to put handcuffs to my daughter!" My dad came walking out his car.
"Or touch my daughter like that again."
"She's being under arrest for preventing justice to be given!"
"What are you talking about sir?" Peter yelled.
"If things are how you say they are then she didn't prevent it, she indeed helped. But what what you're saying never happened because no one took any big amount of money from my credit card. And if you don't believe me then we can go and check together." My dad said and pulled him by the shoulder off me.
"Also just to let you know the fact that you didn't do what you think my daughter did makes you more guilty than her so George how about you go to bed and get some rest?" He continued and then tapped him.

My dad knew him?

The sheriff, got to his car and left.
If it wasn't for my dad I would've been arrested. He truly was my hero.

"You have a lot of explaining to do when we go inside. You took 20.000$ off my bank account? What do you think that I'm a money machine?"
"Dad, I'm truly sorry I.." Before I could continue my sentence he interrupted me.
"I don't want to hear it mi hija! And you kids! All of you are grounded!" He screamed.
"Dad! What are you doing!" I tried stopping him.

He had gotten crazy.

"You can't ground us!" Ethan complained.
"Be sure young men that I can and I will! If I see you outside other than school I will be telling all your parents what happened today!"
He kept pointing at them with his finger.
"If you understood say understood!" He demanded.
"Understood!" Everyone said and shook their heads agreeing.
"Good. Now go and drive safe." My dad said and turned around.

I made them a sign that I would call and my dad grabbed me by the ear pulling me inside the house.

When we got inside the house he got serious.

"Icelyn, you can't keep doing stuff without telling me. I need to know. I demand to know." He took off his coat and left it in the couch.
"I'm sorry dad." I sat.
"The only thing I ever asked you for is to not break my trust because is something that once it breaks it can never be completely fixed. So stop with this nonsense princesha ime, te lutem!"
He said and sat next to me holding my hand with his.
"It won't happen again I promise." I said thinking how stupid I am to disappoint him.
"Promise is a big word, don't break it!"
"I won't.."
For some reason it was hard for me to believe what I said.

Once I got to my room a notification popped up on my phone.

  _

  _

I thought he didn't want to talk to me ever again..
I wasn't going answer anyway..