Chapter 60: The Facility. (Bonding over archery)

Mulai dari awal

She wanted to have it, and keep it, forever. But because of her domains, her past, and who exactly she was attracted to, she didn't think she would ever admit it it.

Something ached in her heart, a part she could barely recognize. Turning over, she closed her eyes. But... just because she wouldn't say she was in love, didn't mean she couldn't be. Right?

She smiled.
----------------------------------------------------------
Percy headed towards the facility, a wave carrying him, Leo, and Reyna into the lake and to it. As they got closer, they could see more of the inside. Red hot metal and jagged scraps floated in the water near it while desecrated rooms sank to the bottom.

As they neared the massive opening, the wave stopped moving, staying in one place and just lifting them. Percy looked over the facility, eventually pointing at a hanging catwalk far up.

"That's our entrance," he said.

Reyna looked up, squinting her eyes.  "How are we supposed to -"

Percy threw his hands up, and they flew upwards, the water under them pushing them up. Reyna's eyes grew to the size of dinner plates, and Leo smiled under his mask. When they reached the catwalk, Percy looked at Leo.

"Could you straighten it out?" He asked.

"Uh," Leo said. "I can try?"

He extended a hand at the hanging catwalk, and it slowly moved up, eventually straightening out.

"Nice job," Percy said as he walked onto it. "Come on."

As Leo and Reyna walked onto the catwalk, the water behind them fell back down and rejoined the lake.

Reyna frowned. "Is that our only exit?"

Percy shook his head. "No. Now, be careful and stick with me. This is important. We're not quite in the facility yet. This would have just been the receptionist area. The next door should be the real entrance."

They walked on the catwalk until they came to a white, circular door. Percy let his hand rest on it for a second and then turned to Leo.

"If you would be so willing?"

Leo extended a hand, and the door slid open. The three of them walked through it and gasped.

"It's... massive," Reyna said.

The inside of the cube was almost hollow. Below them was a maze of catwalks and hallways, all going through the open space of the middle of the cube. Some hallways had chunks missing, so you could see the inside, and some catwalks were gone, destroyed or twisted.

Percy frowned and gripped the railing. "This is the observation bay. We- what is that."

He looked down near the bottom of the cube, sensing very, very bad energy coming from the direction. All he could see was stacked boxes at the bottom, but there was a lot of them. He looked around the cube again, his eyes widening. The boxes were all around, hanging from chains or stuck to walls.

"How did I not -" Percy began to say before the boxes disappeared.

"Oh," he said. "That explains it."

"Explains what?" Leo asked.

"Those boxes have some of Erebus's influence, meaning that they can 'shadow' themselves, which just means turn invisible," Percy responded.

"Thankfully, the area seems empty," he continued. "Which means we can-"

His third eye snapped to one of the broken hallways as green gas began to spill out of it.