Chapter 65: Threats. (Bro Jonathan sucks I hate writing him)

"Wrench, please."

Silena pulled a wrench out of her cloak and handed it to her husband, who had stopped wearing his cloak. Something about flaps getting tangled in machinery. Beckendorf grabbed the wrench and started tweaking his drones. He hit it a couple times, turned a screw, and then...

He smiled and threw it up. Wings extended from its back as the thrusters on the bottom hummed into action, leaving the turret floating in the sky. He smiled and twisted the ring on his hand. It melted and spread over his hand like syrup, eventually covering it and hardening. He lifted the gauntlet up and started moving it around. The drone obeyed his orders, flying where he wanted it to fly.

He smiled. "Calibrations are done. Bot 34 has been completed."

"Nice," Silena said, leaning on his shoulder. "Is that enough?"

Beckendorf nodded. "Yeah."

They sat there for a while, enjoying the quiet humming of the drone. At least until someone stalked up to them and interrupted their moment.

"I have a migraine," Johnathan accused.

Bellerophon sighed, snapping back into the moment. Him and Silena were sitting on the grass outside the Pegasus stables. Two days had passed since the facility had exploded, and since then, Percy had been spending a lot of time in his room, sleeping.

"Aren't you supposed to be at a cabin meeting?" Silena asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I- shouldn't you two be doing more than just sitting together? We're preparing for war against one of the strongest primordials!" Johnathan said angrily.

"You got kicked out, didn't you," Beckendorf said.

Johnathan's face got red with anger. "I- that- it doesn't matter! You two are just sitting around when Erebus himself is coming to fight us!"

"I'm making improvements to my weapons," Beckendorf said, annoyed.

Johnathan looked at the flying drone. "You think that's gonna beat Erebus?"

"What? No," Beckendorf said. "Our team may be strong, but we're gonna need Percy to fight Erebus. Us other strike force members will be dealing with his reinforcements, trying to keep people alive, and trying to make sure structures stay up."

Johnathan stared at him. "But... it's Erebus. Do you really think -"

"Hold on," Silena said. "Why are you so adamant about Erebus beating us?"

"W-what?" Johnathan asked. "I- I'm not -"

She narrowed her eyes. "Why are you vouching for Erebus?" She asked with charmspeak.

His eyes crossed, and he opened his mouth to answer, but then Luke zipped in front of Silena.

"Sorry, code Pipes," he said quickly, grabbing her and zipping away.

Beckendorf watched as the gold blur disappeared. He sighed and stood up, facing the now confused looking Johnathan. He stepped forward until he was looking down directly at the now whimpering boy.

He cracked his knuckles. "I'm no good at interrogations alone. But let me warn you..."

He eyes narrowed. "If you get someone, ANYONE, killed or hurt... I'll break you over my anvil."

Johnathan nodded and scampered away, almost shedding tears. Beckendorf watched him run before looking back at his drone. His tapped his gauntlet, and it transformed back into his ring.

"Follow," he said to the drone as he began walking back to his cabin.

Along the way, he passes Hyacinthus, who was on a date with Apollo. The sun God in question was smiling as wide as he could.