1:4

"Scar! I told you not to touch it!" I had told Mumbo and Impulse about the night before and Mumbo was not happy. We were standing in the red room trying to get more information about the blob. "So we're able to touch it with our hands but not with tools?" Impulse asked. "Seems like it." He then reached out and touched the red thing but it reacted in a totally different way. It started to wiggle and squirm. He quickly backed away causing it to soon stop. He then turned to me with a confused look that I returned. I decided to touch it and it reacted as it had the night before.

"That's strange… Why would it react differently?" Mumbo thought aloud. "It might not like Impulse." They looked at me confused. "Like when you meet someone and get a bad feeling about them." I explain. "So you're saying it  has feelings?" "It could." I don't hesitate to answer Mumbo. "Well since it prefers you, what do you think we should do?" I didn’t have to think about the answer.

“Cut it open.” I smiled. The two males shared a look then started laughing. “What’s so funny?” They ignored my question. “If you really want to cut it open, be my guest.” Impulse gestured towards the tools. I grabbed the knife and turned so I was facing the blob.

I put my hand to it and took a deep breath. I fix my grip on the knife and slowly start entering it in. I paused waiting for a reaction. Nothing happened. Huh. I start moving the knife down the hanging blob carefully. I could feel how intently Mumbo and Impulse were watching me. I was now more than halfway down when something from inside began to move.

I pause and look behind me to see a wide-eyed Mumbo Jumbo and frozen Impulse. I look back at the blob. I can no longer see anything moving but that doesn’t do anything to settle my new found nervousness. I begin pulling away when the thing moves again. Only this time it doesn’t stop and it’s headed straight towards the exit that I was currently blocking.