5:2

‘Shoot! I’m so late!’ He thought to himself as he hopped into his car quickly starting it. It was currently 2:40 and he was supposed to have picked up his sister at 2:30. He stepped on the gas arriving at 2:48.

He practically ran out of his car and to the door. He opened it up and looked around. There were so many different ways to go! Was he supposed to stay on the ground floor or go up? Is it right or left? Luckily he didn’t have to stand in panic and confusion for too long. 

“Hello?” A male voice spoke to the right of him. His head wiped to the side. “Hello there. Could you help me?” A grin rested on Scar’s face.  “Yeah, what do you need?” His voice was stern like that of a father’s. “I’m looking for my sister, her name’s Jellie.” He stared at me. “Pick up was almost 20 minutes ago…” “Yeah, I know. I just got caught up in work and lost track of time,” he answered honestly. “Follow me into my office and I’ll get you settled.” He began walking from the direction he came.

“I’m Scar, by the way.” The man just offered a side eye and continued walking without a word. Scar took this as a sign to shut up. They entered the office where the male went behind the desk looking through a stack of papers “What did you say her name was?” “Jellie.” The male continued to flip through the stack. “It appears she’s with Grian. Go up stairs and take a right then continue walking until you reach a door with a parrot next to it.” Scar thanked the man and walked out. He reached the stairs and took a right. He read each sign as he walked past. Cleo. Bdubs. Then a door without a sign but a parrot. 

He knocked. The door opened and Scar could see a beautiful man with messy brown hair, dark blue eyes, and cute red hoodie overtop his black piece. “Hello?” His voice portrayed annoyance. “Hii, I’m Scar, I was wondering if you were Grian?” Scar asked the shorter male. He noticed someone push past. “Brother!’ Scar smiled. “Hi Buttercup! How was dance?” He bent down and picked Jellie up. “It was amazing! I was just telling Mr. G about all the other times you were late to things!” He chuckled through his embarrassment before turning to ‘Mr. G’. 

“I’m sorry if she gave you any trouble. I’ve not always been the best at keeping track of time.” He gave the shorter one a small, shy smile. “She didn’t cause any trouble. It was honestly amusing to listen to the stories she told. Especially the ones when you were in college. Are you really that oblivious?” He groaned, feeling more embarrassed. Of course she would tell him about that time a girl tried to seduce him and he wasn’t catching any of her hints. ‘Well I better get going. See you next time?” “Yeah!” Scar replied with more excitement than he meant to show. Grian just chuckled while walking off.

He paused at the stairs. “By the way, you should probably set a timer next time. Or I’ll get her to tell me all the juicy stories.” He held a mischievous smirk on his face.