6:4

It was yet again dark out, and Scar was walking down the same sidewalk as before. He had put Jellie in his room just in case she didn’t like the avian and wanted to attack him. A few sunflower seeds were sitting in his pocket for the avian when he got to the coop. He was hoping the stab wound the avian had gained didn’t get worse from when he had seen Grian last.

He turned to the Smith property, quickly making his way to the chicken coop. He could see Grian curled up in a pained ball, his body shaking ever so slightly. “Grian,” he whispered into the darkness once he had gotten close to the entrance of the coop. Grian slowly raised his head looking weak and tired. “Are you able to get up?” Scar was worried about the bird. Grian didn’t answer him and instead just stared at Scar with a dazed look in his eyes. Scar knew Grian wasn’t going to be able to get over to him, so he pulled out a pair of gloves, put them on, then pulled out a hairpin. He started fiddling with the lock, eventually getting in to click. 

He quietly opened the gate and walked up to Grian. “I’m going to pick you up and bring you to my place, ok?” The male in front of him simply nodded so Scar’s arms carefully moved around the boy. He gently picked him up and began to walk out, ignoring the big blood splat on the ground where Grian had been laying. He closed the coop up, took the pin out of the lock, and quickly walked down the sidewalk towards his house.

He arrived at his place and opened the door stepping inside. Grian had fallen asleep on him at some point during the jog-like walk, and he couldn’t help but feel bad waking the bird up. “Grian, we have to get you cleaned up,” his voice was soft. Grian had woken up, but he didn’t lean away from Scar. Scar set the male on the island in the kitchen and made sure he could sit up on his own. He got into his medical drawer, grabbing a wrap. “Are you alright with me lifting your shirt?” Scar asked. “I need to wrap you up and check on the wound.” “Mhm...” Grian hummed.

Scar carefully peeled the blood-stained cloth away from the avian’s skin. “It might be better if you get a bath first. It’s difficult to see where exactly the wound is at.” At this Grian reached his arms to Scar in a way that reminded him of a toddler that was looking to be picked up. It made him smile at the bird. “I’m going to start the water.” Scar grabbed a bag of sunflower seeds from the counter and from his pocket. “Eat these while you wait,” he handed Grian the seeds, walked to the bathroom and ran warm water to fill the tub.

Grian would need clothes, so he went into his room, being careful as to not let his cat out. She meowed in displeasure as he grabbed an outfit from his closet. He went back into the bathroom, turned the water off, and grabbed a towel. Then he went back into the kitchen where he saw Grian slowly eating the seeds. “You need anything to drink?” The avian jumped at his voice but nodded anyway. Scar opened the fridge, grabbed another bottle of water and handed it to Grian. He took the water and drank half of it before carefully putting it beside him. Scar opened his arms inviting Grian into his arms.

“You don’t need to take your boxers off; I just need to clean your side.” Scar asked while carrying the light bird. “Do you want me to wash your wings as well?” Grian thought over it and decided to take up Scar on his offer. “Yeah,” his voice was horse, but Scar smiled anyway. He set the smaller male down and made sure he could stand before letting go. “Could you help me get my shirt off...” Grian asked nervously. Instead of answering, Scar gently pulled his shirt over his head.

Grian got in the warm water, his wings instinctively rising so they wouldn’t get wet. Scar sat off to the side waiting for him to get used to the water. “Do you want to clean your wings, or would you like me to? I know they can be sensitive.” Scar asked for clarification. “Could you? It’s difficult to get the very back.” “Just let me know when you’re ready.” They sat in silence which was eventually broken by Grian’s deep breathing.