~~~~
"To Glandus High!" Luz yelled as she gestured with the staff, hitting Owlbert against the house. Owlbert hoots. "Oh! Sorry, Owlbert. It's okay. We're just on our way to help some friends."

"Ooh!" Y/n, Willow, and Gus exclaimed. "Who's ready to board Air Luz?" She asked as They all boarded the staff. "Feel that power-to-weight ratio," Willow said. "Boys, prepare to fly!" Gus said.

"Next stop, Glandus High. Let's go!" The staff rises in the air. "Step on it, Owlbert!" She slaps the staff. Owlbert squawks and rushes forward. "Whoa! Whoa!"

The staff does a loop-de-loop and then runs into several trees. The kids grunt and scream. They hit a tree head-on. Y/n, Willow, and Gus fall directly into a bush. Luz gets caught on a branch and then falls out of her Hexside sweater. She grunts.

Owlbert falls directly on top of his head. He looks at his now cracked head and hoots. Luz groans and stands. "Is everyone okay? Huh?"

Owlbert hoots twist himself off the staff, and then flies off. "Oh, no. Oh, no, no, no! Owlbert, come back!" Luz yelled. Luz, Y/n, Willow, and Gus ran through the forest. "Owlbert!"

Owlbert hoots as he flies into a foreboding cave. The kids stop running, panting. "Man, humans can run. Must be their dorsal fins." Gus said.

"He went through those trees. Come on." Luz yelled as she started running. Willow stops Luz. "We have to be careful. It's really easy to get lost in this part of the forest." Willow explained. "This is Eda's palisman, Willow. She'll kill me if we don't get it back. Let's go!" Luz said.

~~~~~
Cut to the inside of the cave. Bats screech as they enter. Bones crunch under their feet. "Wow. I keep stepping on a lot of crunchy twigs." Willow said. "Those are bones, Willow," Y/n said. Willow looks up. "Not if I never look down!"

A shadow passes them. They yelp and step closer together. "This isn't any kind of forest I'm used to," Luz asked. Pokes a spiderweb with the staff. "That's because this isn't a forest." The Bat Queen's kids chirp as they approach the teens.

"It's a nest," Willow said. "Hey, I remember you. You're Bat Queen's babies." The bat babies screech

"Wait. The Bat Queen?" Gus said as he backed away. Y/n and Willow also backs away. "I think I'd rather take my chances with Eda."

Luz walks towards the bats. "Uh, we're looking for a little owl and... There he is." Owlbert is standing a bit behind the bat babies. He warbles and backs into the shadows.

"Owlbert, thank goodness! you're okay! Come here, buddy. Time to go home." The Bat Queen steps in front of Owlbert and into the light. They all gasp. Bat Queen hisses. "Hello, small human."

"It's the..."

"Bat Queen. I know. We kinda babysat her kids once. Don't worry. I got this!" Luz said as Y/n jaw dropped. "Hiya, BQ. My, your hair is looking greasy. And your kids. She chuckles. "they're as hideous as ever!" "You know, that coulda gone worse," Gus exclaimed.

The Bat Queen growls. Luz chuckles. "So... Owlbert ran away and I need to get him back. I'm just gonna grab him and we'll be on our way."

Bat Queen puts a claw on Luz's chest. "Ah!" "To be careless with a staff, it's very serious. I protect him." "And thank you for that, uh, but he belongs to Eda, the Owl Lady."

Luz removes Bat Queen's claw. "And you owe her a favor, remember?" Luz said. "Owl Lady is careless. Her staff left her sight. Taken by human who steals, hurts, frightens..."