Chapter 27

As Jaune and Emile wend further and further into the canyon, it got darker and darker until they could see the light at the end. But when they got there, a giant leg appeared and they could see the outline of a Scarab through the cracks. "Mother of... we can't get past it sir!" Emile exclaimed. "No you can't, not without help." Carter's voice could be heard over the comms. "Commander, you don't have the firepower!" Emile stated worriedly. "I've got the mass." Emile was silent for a second. "Solid copy, hit 'em hard boss." Emile says. 

"You're on your own Noble, Carter out."

Carters Pelican slammed the side of the Scarab, causing to yell in agony and fall off the cliff. Noble team now became Noble duo. "Crevices to the east, let's go." Emile says. They walked out of the cave.

They soon made it back under, where pools of water were everywhere. "Buggers, be quiet." Emile whispered. Jaune puled out his MA5K. They sneaked there way thought the canyon to the other side where they found the docks, and cries for help.

They moved with speed only a Spartan could reach, shooting and slashing any Covenant that got in the way, making their way through hangar after broken hangar. Making their way to where the Pillar of Autumn was right in front of their eyes. Emile and a few Troopers make their way to the big gun while Jaune waits for Keyes to arrive in his Pelican. Until then, Covenant drop ships arrive and Jaune and a few troopers have to hold out. Wave after wave comes but Jaune and the Troopers hold out, not wavering in their defense. And with a final slash, the Covenant are forced to pull back. The path is clear and Jaune Rishes to the landing pad to wait for Keyes. Keyes comes down on his Pelican.

"Good to see you Spartan, Halsey assured me that I could count on you." Keyes says. Jaune hands over Cortana, then looks up. "Not just me sir." Jaune says. "They'll be remembered." Keyes spots something in the distance. "Cruiser! Adjusting heading for the Autumn! Noble Four, I need fire on that Cruiser or were not getting out of here, do you copy!?" "You'll have your window sir." Emile reassures him. Keyes, Jaune, and the Troopers get on the Pelican. "Bridge, this is Keyes. We have the package and we are returning now." Jaune oil of the back sees two Elites hop out. Emile kills one and its body tumbles over. "WHOSE NEXT!?" Emile screams. An Elite comes from behind and stabs Emile. Emile tuns around and stabs the Elite in the eye with his Kukri. 

"I'M READY, HOW ABOUT YOU!?"

Both of their bodies tumble down.

The MAC cannon fires again.

Jaune escapes Reach.

"That's the second time." Jaune whispers to himself, quite enough so that noon hears him and the Pelican flies toward the Pillar of Autumn. "It's not your fault Jaune, they made their sacrifice and my sisters and I are off planet, humanity has a chance." Emily reasons.

"Still doesn't stop it from hurting." Jaune says

( I will add a story of Jaune and Emile talking while in the Pelican with Emile and Carter)