Chapter 11

Wrong place, wrong time

Enzo:

"Aria"? I ask walking over to her bed. Her head tilts to the side as her eyes squint open. "Where am I"? She asks looking down at her arms and all the wires. "You're at the hospital", i say pushing the button next to her bed.

"Wait Gio", she says looking around the room. "He's not here you're safe", Lexi says with a faint smile as a nurse enters. "Great you're awake", she says smiling before walking over to the bed. "Could I ask that just 1 person stays whilst I check her over", she says as Lexi and Caleb both leave.

"I bet you have lots of questions but don't worry we can answer them all", the nurse says to aria. "Follow the light for me", she says watching the movement in arias eyes before testing her blood pressure.

"I'm going to prescribe some medicine for you to take to help with the pain and then tomorrow hopefully we can take this drip out for you", she says writing notes in her file. "I'll be back soon with some medication if you have any worries or concerns just hit that red button and I'll come straight away", she adds before leaving.

"Hello amore", i say sitting down putting her hand in mine circling my thumb against hers. "I missed you too", she says with a faint smile. "What happened to me"? She asks. "You lost a lot of blood which made you go unconscious I thought I was going to lose you", i reply.

"Are you okay, did he hurt you"? She asks. "I'm okay everyone's okay I'm just glad you're awake", i reply. "You look tired", she says lifting her hand to my face. "I didn't want to miss you waking up", i reply. "You smell funny", she says smiling making me laugh.

"Can I ask you something"? I say as she nods. "Anything", she replies. I walk over towards her bag before pulling out the test sitting back down placing it in her hand. "We're you going to tell me at the restaurant"? I ask as she nods.

"Is the baby okay"? She asks as I shake my head. "The baby didn't make it", i say. "You had too much impact to the stomach and lost too much blood the baby didn't survive in time", i add as a tear runs down her cheek. "I'm sorry", she says tearing up as I place my hand back in hers.

"You have nothing to be sorry about amore this isn't your fault", i reply. "I should have told you and none of this would have happened", she says. "None of this is down to whether you tell me or not, you wanted to surprise me amore this isn't your fault", i say.

"Don't be angry at Caleb", she says sniffing. "I asked him to help me surprise you and plan the night, he was only trying to help", she adds. "He should have told me aria", i reply. "It was meant to be a surprise he was only doing what I wanted", she replies. "I wouldn't have let you go out by yourself if I had known", i reply.

"Please Enzo", she says slightly squeezing my hand. "For me", she adds as I nod. "As long as you're okay", i reply kissing her forehead. "You really do need a shower", she says laughing to herself. "Already making fun of me and you've only just woke up", i reply.

"You can't get rid of me that easily", she replies as I smirk. "I'm awake now I'm okay, go and do what you have to do", she says. "I'm not leaving you here", i reply. "Im not telling you to go all the way back to the house, I'm sure there's showers here you could use", she replies.

"I'll be okay plus it'll give me time to talk to the others without you trying to kill them too", she says. "I won't be long", i say leaning over for a kiss before sending the others in to watch her.

Lexi:

"How are you feeling"? I ask sitting down beside her as Caleb stands at the other side. "Never been better", she replies with a faint smile. "None of this is your fault Caleb come on", she says patting the side of the bed as he walks over before sitting down at the foot of the bed.

"I'm just glad you're doing okay", he replies with a faint smile. "He didn't mean it he was just upset and had to take his anger out on someone, that being you", she replies. "He'll come around eventually", she adds. "You're all family you'll be civil again soon it's just a lot that has happened that's all", she says.

"Can we get you anything to drink or some snacks"? I ask as she shakes her head. "One of the nurses will be coming soon with something for me to try if I don't throw it back up then I can get this out of my arm", she says lifting the arm with the drip in.

"Careful you don't want to move too much", i reply. "We are sorry about the baby", i say looking down. "It's okay it's not your fault, it just wasn't the right time I was just unlucky", she says trying to avoid it.

"Where did the flowers come from"? She asks looking at the bunch stood on the table. "Enzo's parents came by this morning and dropped them off, they wanted to see how you were doing", i reply as a nurse enters.

"We ready to try some fluids"? She asks as aria nods.
"Do you want me to go and get Enzo before u start", I ask. "No it's okay", she replies being handed a cup of water. Taking the cup to her mouth she drinks it without hesitation and no issues.

She was monitored over the next 10 minutes and kept it down so they decided to go ahead and take out the drip as Enzo re entered. "What's going on"? He says looking worried watching as the nurse takes the needle out of her arm.

"They're just taking out her drip as she no longer needs it", i reply as he looks over at Caleb with a glare. It's now around 11:30pm as everyone's getting tired so me and Caleb head on home leaving Enzo with aria for the night.

Enzo:

"I'm glad you're okay", i say as she looks over at me. "You never deserved any of this", i add. "I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time", she says with a faint smile. "I'll be up and about in no time", she adds.

"I have a fresh gown to put on, help me"? She asks as I pull the covers off her legs. Slowly lifting her arms up a grasp the bottom of the gown she was already wearing slowly pulling it up and over her head. It reveals more cuts and bruises making me look away.

"You don't have to look away", she says reaching for my hand. "I just wish I could have been there for you", i reply helping her put her fresh gown on. "You were there, you saved me don't doubt yourself", she replies.

1228 words

Make sure to vote 🤍