Chapter 7

'He's the puzzle and she's the missing piece, you can't finish without the last piece that makes the picture complete.'

Santi:

It was 4am by the time Enzo had fallen asleep, it took a while for him to settle as he was hoping for an update on aria. But rest is what he needs, it's what's best for him in this situation and will help him pass time instead of worrying.

Of course he's allowed to worry, he loves her and she loves him. They're the strongest coupe I have ever met, both so brave and life wouldn't be the same without either of them without one another. He's the puzzle and she's the missing piece, you can't finish without the last piece that makes the picture complete.

They would go through thick and thin for one another and I have never seen him this way for anyone. Their bond is inseparable, without one another they'll fall to pieces. She'll push through this I know she will.

Lexi is well just Lexi. She's like a book you've never read before, every time you turn the page you learn something new. But one thing you'll always remember is how stubborn she is. So fucking stubborn, always has to get her own way or she'll burn the house down.

She's had a hard start to life and we are cousins after all so I took her under my wing when she was only 13 after her parents were murdered. She holds her emotions to herself and acts cold whenever anyone tries to get close. But she's amazing she always puts her own twists on things so you'll never forget her.

And Caleb where can I start. We are both the same age and have known each-other since we were babies. He's great with all the tech side of things around our house. Always has his head in books and teaching himself about all the new tech that comes out. He could crack a code in seconds.

He's definitely the smartest out of us all, always helps make plans alongside routes, exits and what weapons and tech to bring with us. The biggest weakness he has is trust, he doesn't know how to. He trusts the bad guys but doesn't with the good people. But once you have that trust he'll always be there for you in a matter of seconds.

-

The room lights were turned off leaving the only light source being the lamp beside me and the lights from the corridor through the window. A nurse walks past before looking at the number at the door with a faint knock seeing me laid there staring to the ceiling.

I stand up before walking out into the corridor trying not to wake the others. "I have an update on aria, everything so far is going well although she did have a clot forming from internal bleeding after we had finished surgery so we are going to start that procedure now but she should be out in the next 2 hours", she says.

"Thank you so much", i reply as she smiles. "You should get some rest I could get someone to wake you when she arrives back in the ward if you'd like", she says. "Thank you but I'm okay, the others needed it more", i reply as she smiles before walking away.

I decided not to wake Enzo and let him have another hours sleep extra and then wake him so he's ready for when she's placed back in the room. I decided to walk out to get us all some refills on our drinks and some food to keep in the room to save the trip when everyone wakes up.

We had all taken a shower after being seen by the doctors except Enzo, he needed it the most but wanted to stay nearby for aria. We all had to changed into some fresh clothes especially Enzo as his was covered in blood from carrying inside.

I almost thought we had lost her when he kept screaming for lex to drive faster. I kept looking through the mirror into the back keeping an eye on them both as he tried his best to stop the bleeding but couldn't handle himself.

Caleb climbed over into the back to try to help but she had already lost too much she had already started turning colour and going cold. It was a close call one hundred percent but I'm glad we got here in time to save her. I don't know what we would've done if she hadn't of made it in time, god knows what Enzo would do.

Once he knows she's okay he's going to be straight back into the office ready to take Gio down which isn't always good. He'll be too focussed on killing him that he'll forget the planning or certain areas we need to go over in order to do it properly.

The hour mark hits as I walk over to his bed nudging him to wake him up as he stirs sitting up. "What's happened is aria okay"? He asks. "She's okay there was a small clot inside that they had to take out and sort but a nurse said she'll be here in the next hour", i reply as he looks more relaxed.

"You might want to shower enzo seriously she's okay you can go and still be here for when she comes", i add. "No I have to wait and see her before I leave", he replies as the others start waking up.

Enzo:

I sit up in bed as santi says arias okay and will be here soon as the others start to wake up. I look at the time and it's quarter past 5 in the morning before turning to Lexi. "What's going on is everything alright"? She asks as Caleb wanders over sitting at the end of her bed.

"Arias okay and the surgery went well she's being transferred here in the next hour", Santi explains as everyone relaxes. "That's great news I knew she'd pull through", Lexi says resting her head on Caleb's shoulder.

"The nurse explained after they had finished the surgery they found a clot forming on the inside from some bleeding hence why she is taking a little bit longer", he says. "She's keeping you on your toes even when she's unconscious", he adds as we all smile.

"Why did the nurse take you out before"? Lexi asks looking at me. "She wanted to tell me by myself because", I say as I pause. Santi sits at the end of my bed as Lexi and Caleb look confused. "Aria was pregnant and the baby didn't make it", i say as Lexi looks shocked and Caleb looks down.

"Wait what", she says. "I had no idea she was pregnant she never told me", I reply. "They said it had been caused by the 2 main wounds to her stomach and through the blood loss", i say. "Enzo I'm so sorry I had no idea", she replies as Caleb stays quiet.

"They went through options of where to go from now and procedures she could have to get the baby out as it would cause more harm to the both of them keeping it inside", i say. "Because she was unconscious I had to make the decision to have it whilst she was already under anaesthetic", i add.

"They mentioned they could give her medicine when she wakes to put her into labour so she could deliver it naturally but didn't recommend it as they didn't know wheather she would wake or be strong enough for it", i say.

"She'll be okay Enzo she's strong and you know it you'll both be reunited soon and you will never been separated again", Caleb says. "I'm so sorry", she says coming over giving me a hug as a nurse walks in.

1327 words

Make sure to vote 🤍